cooky

Screen Artefacts

Hello,

I have started to see horizontal lines appear on the screen when viewing the cameras (see attached). When I look closely, the lines on one display are from a different camera image. The lines are not permanent, they appear intermittently, when I playback the lines are always recorded. The screenshots shows only a few lines, but sometimes the image is almost obliterated with horizontal lines.

The PC is an Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9450 with 4GB of RAM and a NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT graphics card. The OS is Win7 pro 64bit.

On one of the screen grabs, you can see a error message showing 'dvr error', I can't find any explanation in the manual explaining what this refers to; could it be linked to the horizontal lines?

I have tried moving the NV3000 card to a different PCI slot, this stopped the lines for a couple of days but they have come back again.

The card has worked fine for the last 18 months, can anyone help?

Regards,

Cooky

1114704592_HomeCCTV_20110422-19_23_26.jpg.2c0a7a51896c082b9244eb21d0ef8633.jpg

screenshot.jpg.jpg.4f52f70b7f999b19873f225a46eb3488.jpg

How odd!

How hot do the major heat-producing parts of the computer get? If the capture card was overheating, this could cause it to freak out. Verify the power supply isn't wimping out as well.

I've attached a screenshot of the CPU temperatures, the graphics card runs at 76 degC. I fitted a 120mm extract fan to the rear of the PC case last year.

I'm not sure if these are within acceptable temperature limits.

Regards,

Cooky

CoreTemp-Scr.png.8d1d70aa0ba3c64aa768c56800adb8a7.png

I would connecto one of the cameras to a test monitor to see where the lines are actually happening. It could be a power problem as well. Are you using 12 or 24V?