never seen it but you can get one with an RCA output and then use a RCA-BNC connector. Dont know what the quality would be like though ..

You may be able to get something like an older home theatre video card with BNC though.

The card is outgoing hooked up to a bosch camera. It's in a shuttle computer and the dome is using the PCI slot. One cam always has to be

on a fixed target. Size is an issue for space and portability. The equipment

was pulled for hurricane Dennis. Planing to re-install it within the week when

power is restored.

Tks

Jeff

www.piercam.net

I used an ATI card the other day with the RCA output and the quality with the RCA to a BNC CCTV Monitor was good. The PC DVR Cards DSP Output though its much muich better. If your DVR manufacturer has a DSP card Id recommend that.

Im using a Saphire Radeon now with another DVR card but it isnt as good as the ATI card was.

Rory

Rory

Tks for the info. I'm not looking for real great, great quality. I just need

to get a good image of a color flag. I'm new to this and got my dome to

stream fine on a Hauppage card. What is DSP ? I can't seem to find a

vendor that sells a card that will fit AGP with BNC connections. Do you have

a model # of that ATI card?

Tks

Jeff

Hey Piercam ... it doesnt have BNC, but it has RCA Output .... you just get a RCA-BNC connector and plug it into your BNC monitor ... is that what you are looking at doing?

Any ATI AGP Card with TV out.

Also check out these areas of ATIs site:

http://www.ati.com/products/hdtvadapter/index.html

and their multi media cards section:

http://www.ati.com/products/multimedia.html

Saphire Radeon Cards also work (with RCA out), thats what I have here now, just the ATI Cards are alot better.

Rory

Rory

Looks like i'm getting close. That looks like it may work. Do you think

that card will convert an analog signal to digital? Like I mentioned the

camear is a Bosch that I bought last year. I'm pretty sure it sends out

analog.

tks

Jeff

Yea Tom. I'd love to find an AGP BNC ready card. If I have to do the ATI I will.

Jeff

BTW

Nice Site. I've been there many times.

I thought you wanted to put the video out on a CCTV Monitor or something that accepted BNC? Or is it you want to capture the video? If so, what will you then do with that?

Rory

This is basically a high end web camera system. It's located on a beach so that the public can see beach and weather conditions. The dome video is being captured by a hauppage card with built in BNC on the board which sends the video to the PC, then to a video host, then to the web. It works

great !

Cam 2 is fixed on the domes corner mount and is pointed at a surf flag

that tells the public the color conditions of the surf- Red, green, yellow, ect.

This is the cam I need to encode to the web. Of course the shuttle only has one PCI and one AGP slot. The domes card is in the PCI and I need a capture card for the AGP to encode the flag cam. I went to the local computer shop and was told that an ATI all-in-wonder 9600 would capture the video for encoding. I'm just not sure if it will capture cc video from the bosch. I believe that signal is analog. The hauppage converts the signal from A to D on the card. Again it works just fine.

You may ask " why not move up to a bigger PC with 2 PCI's" I can't really .

The equipment is in small custom built air conditioned server enclosure about the size of a microvave. It makes it easy to pull the equipment in the event of a hurricane. I had to do this last weekend for hurricane Dennis and have used the down time to finish the AC system and work on this flag cam issue, otherwise the system would be operational. I paln on re-installing the cams this weekend when power is restored. The beach where it's located took a good beating.

The guy before me used one Axis web cam FTPing images every 30 seconds. The cam never worked, but when it did recieved alot of hits. Like

you we are a resort destination ( if we'd stop getting hurricanes) and get

lots of visitors to this beach. I spent alot of $ on this for reliability and so far so good. I promised the buildings owner i would deliever a live consistent image and I have. I just need to get this flag cam going and i'll

be done with setup and can move on to the advertising that will be placed around the stream.

Hope this has given you an idea of what i'm doing.

Jeff

What about a 2 channel or even 4 channel DVR card, then stream them all, or you need to keep them seperate?

Sure seems like a lot of money and effort for this installation, when all you basically wish to do is stream video over IP and FTP. I would use a decent video server mounted in a NEMA 4 rated enclosure and FTP the video to an offsite secure location if to record it. Adding the applet code to a web page should be a breeze..

Scott

I'm still pretty new to this. There wasn't anyone for me to consult on making this system, so i'm sure there might have been different ways

to do this cheaper.

The system works fine. Most of the web cams that I visited never worked,

or the quality was terrible. Why FTP and image when you can send it live

over the web? I just was never fond of the quality of FTP cams. I went with a company called abacast.com they take my feed and distribute a wonderful image, one that people can plan their day by.

When the power gets restored i'll re-install the cameras. Give me your opinion. I like the final product.

J