RichTJ99

Any way to increase mobile resolution beyond a max of 320?

The mobile i am using seems to max out at 320 pixels, is there a way to increase the jpg size? Similar to how you can increase the video size from 352 to 704 pixels?

Hard to say, not knowing what DVR you're using, but if you haven't found the options in the settings, chances are that DVR isn't capable of it.

For Geovision, under Networks, stop and restart your WebCamServer. Before clicking on OK, go to the JPEG tab and set to a higher quality. Typically, the default is 25. Try a higher setting and check it out.

Its not only the quality of the jpg, its the resolution.

For example, I have a GV BL120D ip cam (Geo), if you go to the web interface, you can set the jpg resolution for 640x512 when using their android geo app you can see a large difference in quality due to the higher resolution.

My phone has a 800x600 (roughly) resolution & seeing a jpg at 320x220 looks bad, 640x512 looks better.

The other setting to look at in the Webcamserver is the Video tab. Default is usually Normal (320x240) Change to Large or Actual size to get higher resolution from the system.

The mobile phones use the Mjpeg format (rotating jpgs) not video, you are correct about increasing the res for video though.

Are you talking about viewing analog cameras on your mobile? Did you change your Video Source from the default 320x240 to 640x480 or 704x480?