SkyStudio

Hikvision DVR problem viewing over 3g Net

Hey guys, nice site

I just got a Hikvision DVR, Router, ISP even with a fixed IP.,

I got as far as choosing a IP for the DVR, connected it via ethernet to the router, on the ISP's router's GUI in Firefox i sorted all the port forwarding 80, 90 and 8000 ports and added the DVR's IP to DMZ succesfully..

However

---> i can not get it to work on the iPhone over 3G, and i use a imac so i cant log into the DVR with firefox or safari, i get a login window that does nothing

Any ideas to work this out appreciated

Cheers

Interesting

Error: I could not see your service on 87.89.50.207 on port (80)

Reason: Connection timed out

same for all of them, and i forwarded those ports

BTW i do see the DVR over my local network, and as mentioned i have a fixed IP.

I cant see what else i have to do with the DVR itself, its something to do with the configuration here i guess

Seeing the DVR over the local network does not require port forwarding so thats why you are not having any problems in that aspect. On the other hand, seeing it over the internet does require proper port forwarding. I know you said you did port forward in your router but since the ports are being blocked, you will not be able to see your DVR over the internet. Here are a couple of tips that may help you get the ports unblocked.

1) Have you DVR obtain an IP from your router through DHCP, and once you get that IP, re-configure your router to forward the ports to that new IP

2) If that still doesnt work, it could be that your ISP is blocking those ports, in which case you would need to contact them to tell them to unblock them or ask them which ports are available to use.

I already gave the DVR a IP, and over 50 instead of 1 through 8, we have many devices here that use wifi, i thought its what i had to do in order to see it on the Ethernet port, it also did not show up till later for some odd reason i guess,

Its why i was wondering if the problem how i filled out the DNS, since i also got a free no-ip host.

Ill ask the ISP whats going on and get back, thanks

Not sure if I understood you correctly. Did you have the router assign your DVR an IP through DHCP or did you just assign the IP yourself? If havent done DHCP yet, try that.

All i did was open the Network settings in the hickvission DVR and added a IP a higher number in case other devices in the network create a conflict,,

Then in the GATEWAY i added the IP of the router, which also is the same IP i use to access the GUI, and then i added the WIFI login and password details in the PPoE i think its called, all this worked last year until we got a new ISP.

Also, I did not touch anything in the DHCP,

Also as well just to know, i dont use PCs as which is a disadvantage becuase when i try to log into the DVR via the IP in firefox im stuck in the login screen, the DVRS GUI will not show up, EVER., but it works on a PC.

I dont know a whole lot about Hikvision DVR's but you may try using Internet Explorer as most DVR's remote viewing software works best in that browser.

What you need to do is go into your DVR and find the DHCP selection. Select DHCP and click "save". Exit it out of your menu and go back into the network settings, you should have a newly assigned IP. If not then you need to re-start your DVR and go back into the Network settings and check for the new IP. Like I said, I dont know too much about Hikvision to give you the exact method but you get the gist, most DVR's are the same just different methods of doing it.

When I first set up my first DVR, I too assigned my own IP and I was wondering why the heck I could not get it to work, it was because I was not using an IP within my routers DHCP pool. The DVR pretty much configures all of this for you when you select DHCP so it doesnt take much work on your part. But make sure to re-configure all of your port forwarding configurations within your router with the new IP.

Some routers might give problems when using port 80, since that is the port used for accessing the router. Hikvision only use 2 ports, one for web and one for data (by default 80 and 8000), so I do not know why you are forwarding 3 ports (80, 90, 8000). I always change 80 to 90, so I leave it at 90 for web and 8000 for data.

IVMS4500 on iPhone only uses the data port (8000), so 80/90 should not be the problem, it would work even if you do not have them open.

Both ports need to be forwarded with TCP and UDP.

You already stated it above so this should be correct, but it is important that the DVR has the gateway configured correctly (usually the gateway IP will be your router).

I dont know a whole lot about Hikvision DVR's but you may try using Internet Explorer as most DVR's remote viewing software works best in that browser.

we use Mac pros here, does not work, wierd, i know it should on a PC

Some routers might give problems when using port 80, since that is the port used for accessing the router. Hikvision only use 2 ports, one for web and one for data (by default 80 and 8000), so I do not know why you are forwarding 3 ports (80, 90, 8000). I always change 80 to 90, so I leave it at 90 for web and 8000 for data.

IVMS4500 on iPhone only uses the data port (8000), so 80/90 should not be the problem, it would work even if you do not have them open.

Both ports need to be forwarded with TCP and UDP.

You already stated it above so this should be correct, but it is important that the DVR has the gateway configured correctly (usually the gateway IP will be your router).

Thanks, the GateWay is ok, same as router.

Now your cleared up allot about this DVR, had no idea it was that simple,

The link SEANHAWG posted to check and see if port 8000 is open failed, i asked the ISP and they claim its the configuration on my iPhone, but i can see the cameras on my local network but i understood that it did not matter, would it be possible its the ISP's router and i should use a DNS address instead of the fixed ip?

The fact that you can connect to your DVR from inside your network has nothing to do with connecting from outside.

Inside your network you will connect to your lan IP, something like 192.168.1.x, you should be able to connect easily to it from any computer, or even from your iPhone if you are using your wifi; you MUST use the lan IP.

From outside; you need to have the right ports forwarded to the DVR IP. And, of course, you must try to connect to it from outside the network, and connect to your wan IP, not the lan IP. If you do not know what is your IP: http://www.whatismyip.com/

For testing; it will be WAY easier to do it from a Windows computer then from your iPhone, I usually just connect remotely to my home computer, and from there try to connect to the DVR I am configuring.

The fact that you can connect to your DVR from inside your network has nothing to do with connecting from outside.

For testing; it will be WAY easier to do it from a Windows computer then from your iPhone, I usually just connect remotely to my home computer, and from there try to connect to the DVR I am configuring.

I am aware of the local network and exterior IPs, the problem is this DVR requires a PC to configure it, as i mentioned in the prior post the MACINSTOSH web browsers do not work with the DVR, which i find very strange.

hi,

sorry can't be of help

don't know much about HKV

bave you call their tech support ask them how should connect this?

they should have people providing this survice

hope you make it well

well you guys all helped me allot, would you happen to know the numbers for hikvision, i also need to ask them what format the videos are in becuase we copied a few unto a USB stick but they dont play back at all, they say mp4 but i get errors when trying to play them on my macinstosh, even with VLC which usually plays any format.

well you guys all helped me allot, would you happen to know the numbers for hikvision, i also need to ask them what format the videos are in becuase we copied a few unto a USB stick but they dont play back at all, they say mp4 but i get errors when trying to play them on my macinstosh, even with VLC which usually plays any format.

http://www.hikvisionusa.com/downloads.html

Tools section, "file player" is for playing the videos under Windows, "file convertor" is for exporting them to common formats so they can be played back directly from any video player like VLC.

Noone from Hikvision should be expected to help you configure your router/open your ports, that has nothing to do with their product.

I am aware of the local network and exterior IPs, the problem is this DVR requires a PC to configure it, as i mentioned in the prior post the MACINSTOSH web browsers do not work with the DVR, which i find very strange.

It works with Activex, which is a technology for Internet Explorer. I am sure there are ways to make it work on Apple, never had to do it before. And you can also change any settings locally from the DVR, you just need a monitor and mouse.

If you use exclusively Mac, maybe Hikvision wasn't the right choice of DVR, maybe you would have been better with Dahua, which has software for Mac.