There do not seem to be any 3Mp cameras that get more than 1-2 fps, for under $1,000. Might as well be a $million. 1-2 fps is unusable.

Just finished an install with Sanyo HD 3500 with Go1984 software and custom server, getting around 6fps per channel

Sanyo's are under a grand.

Just to verify, Retail or dealer price?

Everything I see online is dealer price at under $1000.

A lot of software will support the Sanyo's, a few support H264 also. They also come with software, I don't personally use it. I believe it is the same software as Luxriot, but others can verify

Our camera finder shows 32 matches for the following criteria: 3MP or higher resolution, 5fps+ and less than $1,000 online price

See: http://ipvideomarket.info/camera-finder/results?search%5Bfps%5D=5&search%5Bmax_online_price%5D=1000&search%5Bresolutions%5D%5B%5D=5&search%5Bresolutions%5D%5B%5D=6

Manufacturers include: Arecont, IQ, Mobotix, Panasonic, Pelco, Sony and Stardot

A few are as low as $500 or $600

Our camera finder shows 32 matches for the following criteria: 3MP or higher resolution, 5fps+ and less than $1,000 online price

See: http://ipvideomarket.info/camera-finder/results?search%5Bfps%5D=5&search%5Bmax_online_price%5D=1000&search%5Bresolutions%5D%5B%5D=5&search%5Bresolutions%5D%5B%5D=6

Im in Australia and I cant get 3MP Areconts for under a grand. The 3MP is like 1200 and the 5 is like 1400.

ACTi models,

KCM-5111 (fixed box), KCM-5211 (zoom box), KCM-7111 (fixed outdoor dome), KCM-7211 (zoom outdoor dome),

all of them give 8 fps at 4 Megapixel under H.264.

I've heard some negative things about ACTi, but can't remember what. Intermittent locking up?

I've heard some negative things about ACTi, but can't remember what. Intermittent locking up?

Pain the ass to install, and when twisting the cover back on (on the domes) it moves the lens that you just aligned.

Pain the ass to install, and when twisting the cover back on (on the domes) it moves the lens that you just aligned.

KCM-7111 and KCM-7211 share the same external design concept as ACM/TCM-7411 - you can mount the device directly to the surface without rotating it, and the same goes for the dome cover.

Two different models are being discussed here, the ACM-3511 is an indoor dome w/IR, and has the issue of the camera module rotating while installing the dome, due to the tight fit of the rubber grommet that isolates the IR from the lens (you have to align the camera, then turn the camera counterclockwise a little bit, and then install the dome, rotating the camera back in the process...and yes, it is a little bit of a pain). Also, if you use tall screws in the mounting base, you will damage a capacitor on the PCB while putting the camera on the base (ask me how I know!)

The outdoor ACM/TCM-7411 (and evidently, the KCM series) doesn't have that problem.

Overall, I've had good luck with Acti products, I use the ACM-5611 and the ACM-4201 a lot (with putting a better lens on the 4201 than the original).

Lockups seem to have been fixed with newer firmware updates.

Online price doesnt mean retail price, some prices I checked on that list are just barely under $1000 dealer putting them well over $1000 retail. In fact a $600 dealer price could be as much as $1200 retail. Remember we dont discuss dealer prices in the public forum, only retail.

That said, nice camera finder

Well, that's not much help. The Mobotix M12 is on there with a framerate of 10, and I can tell you from experience that it's 2 at the max rez. Unusable. I bought it for max rez. I guess your framerate is at a rez of 640x480.

Quantum, the M12 is not on the list / URL I provided: http://ipvideomarket.info/camera-finder/results?search%5Bfps%5D=5&search%5Bmax_online_price%5D=1000&search%5Bresolutions%5D%5B%5D=5&search%5Bresolutions%5D%5B%5D=6

For Mobotix, only the 24 series matched the specs requested.

As for frame rate, we list the fps specified by the manufacturer at the camera's highest resolution.

For those looking for low cost multi-megapixel cameras, there are many other options displayed on the list.

Oh, I mis-read Mobotix MX-D12DI-SEC-D.

Hey, checking out the Arecont AV10005 I am astonished. Costs far less than the Mobotix, with more than 300% the resolution, and they claim 6 fps @ 3648x2752. Can this be true?

Oh, I mis-read Mobotix MX-D12DI-SEC-D.

Hey, checking out the Arecont AV10005 I am astonished. Costs far less than the Mobotix, with more than 300% the resolution, and they claim 6 fps @ 3648x2752. Can this be true?

Yes but you NEED a good lens and housing. Good luck getting it to work with your Linix setups. I still think their is limited VMS support for this camera.