jeffm0927

Speco Video feed just went dead, no picture

So I bought a Speco TH series DVR Hybrid and some Speco HT7815DNV cameras. I hooked one up to test it out. It has been hooked up all day and all of a sudden the video just went out on it. do you guys have any ideas why this happened. I checked all plugs and power supply and all is ok. Any help would be appreciated.

Just checked and put another new camera on the bnc and still nothing. WHat doo yuthink it could be for it to just stop showing video like that. I tried rebooting and still nothing.

camera started working this morning. that is weird, i wonder if that camera is setup for shut down at night or something.

camera started working this morning. that is weird, i wonder if that camera is setup for shut down at night or something.

Ok now it is around same time stopped working last night and once again, The Cameras went out again. I am losing my mind. They worked all day and now, nothing. what gives, can anyone help me. tech support is closed till monday.

Jeff

Ok now it is around same time stopped working last night and once again, The Cameras went out again. I am losing my mind. They worked all day and now, nothing. what gives, can anyone help me. tech support is closed till monday.

Jeff

Hi could be a few things. if you have cameras with IR. are your cameras getting enough power when the IR switches on. what size power supply are you using / how far are your cameras from the dvr / and what power do your cameras need.

I’ve been running a HT7815DNV for four or five years now on 24v with no problem. Not sure but, if you have it set up to run on 12v there may not be enough power to run IR and or heaters due to the gauge of wire or distance away from the power supply. Just a thought.

I’ve been running a HT7815DNV for four or five years now on 24v with no problem. Not sure but, if you have it set up to run on 12v there may not be enough power to run IR and or heaters due to the gauge of wire or distance away from the power supply. Just a thought.

So I didnt see this post till just now, but that is exactly what it is. Last night I was wondering if it had enough power. I went and looked for a more powerful adapter and found a 24v AC adapter and plugged it in, guess what no more problems. I dont know why Speco doesnt provide us with power supplies, when you spend almost 500 on a camera. Now next question is where can I find adapters for 24v AC? yeah I have 4 HT7815DNV and 4 HT7915DNV cameras with a TH series DVR. They work well for you.

One more question: when someone stands in front of camera at night I cant see them they are completely white. Any Ideas ?

I dont know why Speco doesnt provide us with power supplies, when you spend almost 500 on a camera.

Because such cameras are usually used in "professional" or "commercial" installations with a central power supply, and an included supply would be extraneous. Including adapters is fine for cheap cameras for home systems and DIY, where the installer isn't likely to have them already, but don't kid yourself, even with a $500 camera, if the manufacturer had to include an adapter, the price would reflect that extra cost, and your average professional wouldn't be pleased with having to foot the extra cost for a redundant component.

Now next question is where can I find adapters for 24v AC? yeah I have 4 HT7815DNV and 4 HT7915DNV cameras with a TH series DVR.

Any electronics retailer should carry them. Or since you already have multiple cameras, why not look at a central power can, like this one? http://altronix.com/index.php?pid=2&model_num=ALTV244

In my opinion, Soundy hit the nail right on the head. I’ve been using the same AC 24v model number ALTV244 and it has served well. I also use the Alronix R615DC1016 for 12v cameras. Altronix also offers the ALTV1224DC2 which contains six 24v AC and six 12v DC outlets. I’ve had these units for a few years therefore the model numbers may not be the same.