Koda

Looking for reliable dvr

I have had a very fustrating time finding a reliable dvr that will not lock-up or stop recording. Started w/ Dedicated Micros and moved to Speco. Both have been a disaster. I have spent a great deal of time & money on both products and a # of angry clients. Would appreciate any help or thoughts. Thank you

Perhaps you could define a budget range. I could recommend some very solid machines starting in the $3500 range...

I use the cheap DVRs now and they never lock up or crash .. less headaches

Speco has been very good to me, installed in few locations, costumer is happy. Down side it take long time to back up. For hire buck recommend Bosch. Works like an iron horse

What type of sytem? IP, Analog, Hybrid? How large of a system?

I have had luck with TrueH DVR's for smaller analog systems, but the end user interface can be tricky for some customers. Digimerge units arent too bad, but they have a "big-box" store feel to them.

As far as Hybrid DVR's AverMedia or AverDigi are easy to setup, and have a simple interface.

I have an AverMedia EH5108H Hybrid at my shop and I love it, simple to use, easy to show customers how it functions...

So far so good on them for me also.

I remember not too long ago, well maybe 5 years now, those generic Chinese stand alones .. they used to crash left and right, especially when someone connected over the network. And even not that long ago, DVRs like the AvTechs with barely any features and horrible software ... got one sitting in the garage ... even the avermedia 4 channels just a couple years ago .. so basic and limited. How things have changed ...

BTW I have a GE Kalatel DVMRe still at a clients location from several years ago and its rock solid .. but featureless compared to these we use now.

My 8 channel Geo system is rock solid, but I have a few in the field that are plagued with problems. It is the PC side of it, not the card. Just can't always get a 100% reliable hardware platform. They were all built using the same components and 95% were fine, it's just that 5% that SUCK!!!!

I use the cheap DVRs now and they never lock up or crash .. less headaches

So far so good on them for me also.

+1

so we stop selling PCDVR totally

I have geo systems 12 years old and still running on original Drives etc

Its about the quality of the components used when building them that is issue from what i see, i now get Geo based DVR coming in from other well know builders and they lst 2 / 3 years and the reason is the cheap nasty motherboards,ram and run of the mill HD they are sticking in them along with overclocking

Standalone DVR i have JPEG2000 based NTIC units 9 years and still going strong, some have had HD replaced or PSU but sadly they lack features people now want..like squinting at a IPHONE screen