rnassar

Problems with DH-DVR0804LE-L

Hi

I recently bought a Dahua DH-DVR0804LE-L and tried to install it on my house. When I connect my cameras to the dvr, images are not in color and video looks fuzzy. I am attaching a screenshot of how it looks on my monitor. All camaras on all ports look exactly the same. I was checking the DVR options and there is an option for video standard. The only option is PAL. There is no NTSC option. Could that be the problem? I was checking the tech specs of the DVR and it says that it does support NTSC. How do I change from PAL to NTSC?

IMG00360-20110515-1201.jpg.b098cb037a8352f6e95412671123dc57.jpg

Yes that is exactly the problem.

Have you gone into the setup at the DVR itself (not over the network).

It wont let you change the standard using PSS.

Did you buy this new or 2nd hand?

Its strange it came like that. Dahua had in the past few months given out firmware updates but some of them were PAL. Therefore they then have another update which gives you the NTSC option, but this has to then be changed at the DVR itself. But if this was a new DVR the reseller/distributor should have automatically had the NTSC firmware. Otherwise maybe it was a private sale, 2nd hand?

I have an update file (called config NTSC) but it is not for that model of DVR.

I have it for the 1U only. Im not sure if it would work on the other DVR models.

Also it is only for firmware version 2.606.0024.4

So if your current firmware version is not that, then it may also fail.

Your best bet is to request an updated NTSC firmware for that DVR.

Unfortunately Dahua will now tell you to ask your reseller.

If that is impossible, such as if it were purchased 2nd hand, then maybe ask Dahua for the config file instead (they may provide that).

Hi

I bought it new at dhgate. I went into the setup at the dvr directly and the NTSC is not there. Only PAL. I also checked the current system version that the DVR has installed and it is: 2.606.0024.2

Build date: 02-11-2010

Web: 2.1.7.28

I have searched the web trying to find an update for my DVR but it has been impossible. There is no version out there for my DVR. I haven't contacted Dahua for a firmware updated but their support site is not the best you can find on the web. can you send me the update file so i can try and install it to see if it works?

Thanks

They sold you a PAL version probably as they are located on the PAL side of the world?

Well I could .. but have to be warned, I am not sure if this config can be dangerous or not, like a full firmware, if for example did not work for that DVR then it could cause the DVR not to start.

If you understand the risks and still want to try it, by all means.

It is version N5_V2.606.0.R.100107

CONFIG_General_Eng_NP_General_WebEng_General_N5_V2.606.0.R.100107.bin

I used it with LE-A's firmware V2.606.0024.2.R.20101102 and also the newer 2.606.0024.4.R.20110120

the file name itself has no model number and says General, unlike the firmware files, so perhaps it will work.

Like I said though, use at your own risk.

Attached below

Use the included software to connect to the DVR over the local network (not internet) then add the file and click BIOS.

OR, put the .BIN file on a USB Flash Drive (Fat formatted) and rename it update.bin then go into the DVR info and version section and click update.

ConfigNetworkUpgrade.zip

I installed the update on the DVR and it sucessfully installed! It now does show the NTSC option on the video standard dropdown menu. I will try connecting a camera to the DVR and see if the image is OK. I really appreciate your help rory. " title="Applause" />

Great, glad to hear that. Okay so we can assume that config file is a general file then for at least 2 of their DVRs

BTW the first time I saw that was last year when I first updated the firmware on my test DVR, I was like oh no ... thought it was finished. But at the time Dahua was giving out the firmwares etc so their support tech sent me that config file and voilà.

Seeing that the topic is solved, offtopic time!

I think Dahua used to have the firmwares for download on their web site. I really think I had seen them... sometime in the past. Not any more, now the "Firmware" section on their web page just shows "The material is being gathered" I never bothered downloading any firmwares, since I was only interested on multilanguage (spanish) firmware.

Now, I was contacted by my supplier about a week ago, they told me they finally had the spanish firmwares. Good for me! I asked if they could send them to me, and they said nope, e can't supply you the firmware, but we can upload any DVRs you need updated. Just plug them on your network, forward port 37777 TCP, give us the IP, and let us do the job.

And they did, indeed. First thing I thought was "I hope this DVRs do not start upgrading the firmware until the whole file has been uploaded", but we didn't have any problems. I had to connect one by one all the DVRs we had in store with the old english firmwares, and they upgraded remotely all the firmwares.

Yes they took all the firmwares off the site, say we have to get them from the supplier now.

It updates the firmware when the DVR reboots.

There is claim of a new firmware version 2.608, trying to get my hands on it now. Supposedly it fixes, what I consider a bug, where none of the DVRs let you fast forward all channels at once - had lots of complaints from clients about that missing feature which is standard in most other DVRs even the really crappy ones.

There was also a bug in the DVRs prior to the december firmware update, which has flickering in some multiviews such as 9 way - does not affect the 4 channels.

I wouldnt let my supplier remote update mine though, give me the firmware or I go elsewhere.

Asked the supplier for the new firmware by the way, they sent me firmware from Sept 2010, a few versions older than what I already have!!

Hi:

I wonder whether the firmware would work with the Q-See QC-444. The reason I am asking is twofold:

1. E-mail notification is implemented in a most odd way with the latest firmware: you have to enable: a. motion detection; b. snapshot recording; c. attachment delivery in the e-mail configuration. If you don't want to receive attachments/snapshots, e-mail notification won't work.

Another issue with e-mail notification is that the minimum interval is 5 minutes which may be reasonable, but that makes debugging e-mail configuration rather hard as you have to wait 5 minutes between two motion detection attempts.

2. As I discovered, QC-444 has an implementation of the RTSP protocol which makes it possible to stream data through VLC or any other RTSP compatible software such as Windows Media Player. You can even configure QC-444 as an RTSP compatible IP camera if you wish.

That's the good news. The bad news is that the entire DVR crashes randomly whilst streaming the MPEG4 data through the RTSP channel.

It just may be the case that the Dahua firmware is more robust. On the other hand, the Dahua firmware may make the QC-444 inoperable :)

Its pretty much the same firmware.

I couldnt get the RSTP to work though, perhaps I was doing something wrong?

I've scanned the DVR IP address and discovered that the usual RTSP port (554) was open. You can actually telnet to it, and it will prompt with the name and the pass.

Then, I went to the Dahua site and found that the URL should be like this:

rtsp://IPAddress:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=00&authbasic=YWRtaW46YWRtaW4=

(www.dahuasecurity.com/feedback_list.aspx?p=fwyxz&p_kind=4&c_kind=9&c_kind2=192&c_kind3=)

The only problem, as the message says, is that the login should be admin/admin.

I guess you can probably change the admin password, but I am not sure what the encryption algo is, perhaps MD5 (authbasic=). I could not experiment too long because as I said the DVR crashed twice while running the streaming RTSP video through VLC. I also managed to connect with Blue Iris, but I forgot to write down the way I passed the parameters -- it did work for about 5 min, in parallel with VLC. So, if the DVR would not crash, you could presumably configure it in Blue Iris the same way as you would the $600 Axis 241Q, as four separate IP cams, but for a lot cheaper.

Re. the Dahua 2.206 "General" firmware: is there the same 5 min interval cutoff for email delivery as in Q-See or you can pretty much disable the forced interval by setting it to zero as the manual alleges ?

Apologies for digging up an old post but I just wanted to add to this thread for anyone searching for RTSP / Dahua. RTSP is included in the firmware and works very well.

I have an DVR0804LE-AS.

rtsp://:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=00&authbasic=YWRtaW46YWRtaW4=

replace with your LAN DVR IP (won't work through firewalls/routers without port forwarding of TCP 554).

channel=1 (Represents the video input port number on the DVR)

subtype=00 (00 = Main Stream, 01 = Extra Stream)

Test on VLC media player.

Other ports that are open on the DVR :-

tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:554 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN

tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:80 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN

tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:37777 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN

tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:23 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN

tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:3800 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN

udp 0 0 0.0.0.0:37778 0.0.0.0:*

udp 0 0 0.0.0.0:20000 0.0.0.0:*

udp 0 0 0.0.0.0:5050 0.0.0.0:*

hi all ia have DH-DVR0804LE-AS (dvr) and new hdd!! no menu no rec ...... plz help

How so?? Can you not login?

Rory,

Do you know if the Dahua lets you access the raw H.264 over the RTSP streams? We wanted to see if we could streams the individual channels to Crestrons IP based touch panels that supports H.264 as well as MJPEG.

Thanks!

Fredrik

On 5/17/2011 at 1:26 AM, rory said:

They sold you a PAL version probably as they are located on the PAL side of the world?

Well I could .. but have to be warned, I am not sure if this config can be dangerous or not, like a full firmware, if for example did not work for that DVR then it could cause the DVR not to start.

I used it with LE-A's firmware V2.606.0024.2.R.20101102 and also the newer 2.606.0024.4.R.20110120

the file name itself has no model number and says General, unlike the firmware files, so perhaps it will work.

Attached below

Use the included software to connect to the DVR over the local network (not internet) then add the file and click BIOS.

OR, put the .BIN file on a USB Flash Drive (Fat formatted) and rename it update.bin then go into the DVR info and version section and click update.

ConfigNetworkUpgrade.zip

Rory when i dowloaded the file was everything correct but when are in the DVR (0804LE-AS) the titles are with the commands example:%ing_serach% 

Do you have any solution

Thanks

On 5/17/2011 at 1:26 AM, rory said:

Attached below

ConfigNetworkUpgrade.zip

245292_1.jpg

like this