This guy wants software only for a caputer card he has on his PC. He wants to be able to use his existing camera/capture card setup with this new software. He requires the software to pick up motion and start recording on his 100gb hard drive, and to overlap once the hd is full. Will that generic software in the sticky work for this? If not, what do you suggest? He doesn't wanna spend much money.

2 ways to look at it/do it. walk away or tell him he needs to spend money to get the system he wants. walking away? my choice....i don't mess with lower quality products as they will become YOUR problem after YOU touch them. i run into people with money (yep, they all say they are poor) who want everything for nothing but i stick to my guns as i know i have the best product for the money and i am beating my competetors by 35% easy! Sams Club video? Walmart? sure, you'll get it for 1k but the thing is a toy. i just got a call by someone who had a Sams special, got robbed, system did not even get a a decent picture.................now he wants a "nice" system that works right.

unless it is a friend, tell him to do it himself. and if it's a friend, do the labor for free with your equipment at cost to him. and ask yourself the question; do you want your name attached to his video system? if not...................walk

good luck

Agree with vst_man totaly, if he has all his own equipment point him in the way of something like Gotcha.

www.gotchanow.com

Hopefully he will remember your help when hw wants a proper system.