G22

March Networks 4210 on eBay

I would give them about a dolla. 16 cams @ 60fps and prob most if not all channels CIF. No thanks. Not for what March sells them for new. The 4410 would be nice though since it be 240fps. Prob cost an arm and a ding dong though.

most of the big boys are still 60fps. Once you get a grip on speed not being such an issue especially while 5fps per camera and even lower, is fine for security (we aint making no movie yah know), then you would see the other features that make them what they are ... cant speak for march but speaking for GE anyway .. still all of them need to drop da price!

What people need to realise is that all the frame rates for PCI type bpards are based on 320x240... so your DVR does 640x480... well on 16 cams.. say goodbye to about 40% of the rated frame rate.. and if your up against a standalone capable of doing 768x576 (these are PAL ratings) then really your losing about 65% of what you started with.. PCI bus speeds limit the ability for multiple high res streams, this is the limit and the handbrake of PC based systems other than I.P.

Remmeber that i.P. is compressed at the camera so there is no limit..(other than your bandwidth) to the speed you can recieve at..no hardare limitation past the camera.

To be honest I find 5fps a bit wanting when an intruder is running, but the truth is that the majority of high end installers cater for less than 50FPS Total frame rate.. the reason... "it's stable at this speed!!!" and they can do the larger res at this speed.

we have all lost the aim of the most crucial thing.... prosecution counts on evidence and evidence alone.. it doesnt care if you can count traffic, it doesnt care if you can draw maps, it cares that you can identify the intruder and that calls for larger res or more cameras, and both are rare in todays market.

I think the major players have not lost sight of this, but the smaller companies ahve used features to sell their products

most of the big boys are still 60fps. Once you get a grip on speed not being such an issue especially while 5fps per camera and even lower, is fine for security (we aint making no movie yah know), then you would see the other features that make them what they are ... cant speak for march but speaking for GE anyway .. still all of them need to drop da price!

No gripping dongles required. I want the fastest, highest res, and the bestest quality!

Guess I prob be going IP based.

Great. Just make sure you put in a second network backbone. I.P. Cameras are network traffic intensive and only going to get worse.

Great. Just make sure you put in a second network backbone. I.P. Cameras are network traffic intensive and only going to get worse.

I like it! sounds good for business.