Sign in to follow this  
zuiko

12VDC vs 24VAC

I got some Ultrak KC552BCN cameras. They are labelled 24VAC 60Hz... is there any way 12VDC can be used to power them? I know many cameras are labelled for either. My 24VAC power supply is a weak point and it would be a lot easier/cheaper to find a decent 12VDC power source than 24VAC.

No 12V DC will not work on that camera any way shape or form. They are not dual voltage. 24VAC is a better power supply to use anyways due to its ability to send power over longer cable runs. Use 24VAC.

Any suggestions on a decent 24VAC power supply for under $100 that will provide a few amps of power for multiple cameras and heated/ventilated enclosures? Right now I am just using an unregulated transformer and I think the poor and variable quality power might be negatively affecting the cameras connected to it... they consistently seem to have a lot of problems compared to a couple other cameras on another PS so I want to replace that before anything else.

Any suggestions on a decent 24VAC power supply for under $100 that will provide a few amps of power for multiple cameras and heated/ventilated enclosures? Right now I am just using an unregulated transformer and I think the poor and variable quality power might be negatively affecting the cameras connected to it... they consistently seem to have a lot of problems compared to a couple other cameras on another PS so I want to replace that before anything else.

How about this:

[edit by mod-store link removed]

I met come american clients and I saw on their website

their products are dual power.

Nice to know, but that is completely irrelevant to this camera.

I sent you a PM