C7 in CA

CAT5e install pictures

Anyone care to share install pictures? I don't have any noteworthy cctv installs so...

Here's a couple of pictures of a rack I recently installed. The only thing missing is a fiber backbone for 6 future buildings (I think that project is a long way off still) and an equipment rack for switches and servers (Now installed)

20216_2.jpg

Same rack with the Wire Manager covers installed. The protective peel off film is still on the covers.

20216_4.jpg

Here is where I admit that the wiring for my home network is a fire trap. Now the inside of my PC's....those are my works of wiring art.

Please do post your pictures. This was just a low-bidder job for the County. I like to see how others buildout their equipment racks and backboards. I steal the good ideas and incorporate them into my jobs.

Here's a picture of my modest telecom closet at home. On the bottom you can just see the tops of a Panasonic KX-TD308 business telephone system and a KX-TVS50 voicemail system. In the middle you can see a little 12 port mini patch panel and a couple of 66 blocks next to that. I have voice and data throughout the house and a 25 pair feeder to the Telco's Demarcation point. Above that is a dedicated 20amp 120v circuit and to the left of that is a CD player for Music On Hold. (Now I use XM Satellite Radio for my MOH) Below the CD player is a little 5 port switch. What's missing is a couple of routers, DSL modem, another switch and my video distribution stuff. All that is on a wall mount rack in the office. I had a picture of that but can't find it right now. Rory was hosting that picture for me awhile back...

20226_2.jpg

Ha!!! I'f I show a pic of my mess, then I would probably be banned!!

When I fix this, I'll take a pic and post it. (probably the weekend)

I just wanna know one thing..... who here has an ol case on their pc that they keep open so they can easily change things?

Thts the defining factor on whether your a geek or not, if you dont have sides on your case!

I have the cover on, but just so that when my 2yr old kid finds his way into my closet, he can't make any damage.

Um, I don't keep the fileserver machine (running Linux) open, but the case is a nice HP Vectra case and if I meet the engineer who designed it I'm going to buy him a beer. Easy to get the panel off, all of the drive bays are designed to face toward me to make it easy switch the jumpers. PCI cards held in place with a latch system and no freaking sharp edges. Other machines either aren't tinkered with or have clamshell cases.