Sign in to follow this  
infowire

Doing a budget system, anyone have experience with these

Want to set up my office with some cams here is what i picked out so far:

For Indoors

ARM Electronics 600BCDN bullet camera it has a 3.6mm wide angle lens should be good for covering a lot of space.

For Outside

ARM Electronics C600BCDNSS bullet camera 3.6mm wide angle.

Also ARM Electronics C520BCDNWA which has a 2.2mm lens

Anyone have experience with ARM brand ?

For the DVR i am looking into

AverMedia EH1008H Hybrid DVR (8 Channels)

I know it has good reviews, this has good specs and it is hybrid.

I also saw "Mace 8 Channel 500GB Surveillance Digital Video Recorder" on B and H site, looks good as far as the specs just not sure of the brand name.

I would like to get some feedback on my choices, and if you have suggestions. I will be doing like 6 cameras and would like to stay at the 2k$ price range for everything.

I was looking at some kits such as "Swann" but i hear that all the kits like that are crap.

Want to set up my office with some cams here is what i picked out so far:

For Indoors

ARM Electronics 600BCDN bullet camera it has a 3.6mm wide angle lens should be good for covering a lot of space.

For Outside

ARM Electronics C600BCDNSS bullet camera 3.6mm wide angle.

Also ARM Electronics C520BCDNWA which has a 2.2mm lens

Anyone have experience with ARM brand ?

For the DVR i am looking into

AverMedia EH1008H Hybrid DVR (8 Channels)

I know it has good reviews, this has good specs and it is hybrid.

I also saw "Mace 8 Channel 500GB Surveillance Digital Video Recorder" on B and H site, looks good as far as the specs just not sure of the brand name.

I would like to get some feedback on my choices, and if you have suggestions. I will be doing like 6 cameras and would like to stay at the 2k$ price range for everything.

I was looking at some kits such as "Swann" but i hear that all the kits like that are crap.

Hi avermedia hybrid is a good little dvr. but if your not going to use the ip side then Mace is also a good dvr. they also have dahua in there range. which are also good units. am not a big fan of internal cameras on arm brackets not very secure

How is the quality of the ARM cameras?? I don't care much about the brackets, i can always switch them out.

::BUMP:: I would like to pick out a decent brand of camera, so far i like the SPEC of the ARM brand ones, but how are they in reality ? Anyone have any experience with them?