Sign in to follow this  
tesc_cctvpro

Why would you change suppliers?

Hope this is the correct forum.

I am interested in understanding the major - dealer originated problems, that CCTV installers and integrators face.

What has driven you to find another supplier in the past?

Thanks in advance.

Not sure which "supplier" you mean.

Why would a dealer buy from a different distributor?

And/or why would a dealer buy a different product (eg: camera)?

Hi Guys,

I mean what are the factors, that might have caused you problems in the past ? Where these problems where directly related to service levels of a dealer or supplier, to the extent that you considered switching dealers.

Why would I want this information? To make my company better and share with other dealers issues deemed important by the integrators buying from them.

Hi Guys,

I mean what are the factors, that might have caused you problems in the past ? Where these problems where directly related to service levels of a dealer or supplier, to the extent that you considered switching dealers.

Why would I want this information? To make my company better and share with other dealers issues deemed important by the integrators buying from them.

Service

Price

Stock levels

Willingness to be an active part of our supply chain, not to be a post box!

Ilkie

The simple answer here would be available stock, competitive pricing, and an easy exchange policy for defective merchandise. Frankly, for items I don't need in less than 24-hours, I find it best to cut out the middleman and buy direct on the more expensive items as this cuts out a lot of the game playing some distributors like to play. Of course, always keep open channels with a few local distributors for walk-in counter service. I don't look at any of these issues as "problems" as it is them that are competing for my money. It is too easy to take my business elsewhere should the bullcrap factor exceed my acceptable level of tolerance. That said, it was very rare that I had any problems with distributors as most are flexible and very easy to get along with. Loyalty cuts both ways.