Sign in to follow this  
tesc_cctvpro

Measure of Quality

Hi All,

I am looking to compile a quality questionnaire for our integrators, revolving around our range of TVT DVR's - which currently form the mainstay of our analog range.

There are basically two chains of thought around quality: The product must exceed the standard of most every other product - which I think is a little aggressive, and the product should compare well with the standard of similar products - I prefer this second definition.

Specifically the survey will be aimed at integrators and not end users.

So I am looking for a little help as to comparative items to include in such a survey/questionnaire.

For example:

How does this product compare to similar products price wise?

How does the perceptual resolution of the product compare to similar products?

I would be very interested in any additional suggestions as to points of comparison one could include in a dvr quality comparitive survey - from an integrators perspective, dealing with a Vendor.

So the items would include issues such as support and backup comparisons.....thanks in advance. I am sure the completed product would prove useful to all vendors of dvr products!

hi. am starting to get a bit confused on your posts. TVT is not your product you may be a stockest but TVT are a company in there own right.

and share a common O/S with the likes of Q see and dahua. dahua being the company that is getting to stand out from the rest with working with the O/S and bringing there products forward. (new range from dahua out in mid june)

i dont see much you can compare to the TVT range. both dahua and Q see have a good tech support

Tom, I gather that you seem to be antagonizing!

Currently we represent TVT in South Africa but I don't wish to engage you on your argumentative disposition.

I am interested in developing a quality survey that will help my company measure itself against other manufacturers representatives/ products/ etc......

The substance of my request was for assistance in developing a potential distributo/manufacturer performance assessment survey - not debating these issues with you!

dont see why you see it like that. but i was right. you are a distributor and not TVT. and thats all my point was.

your question has many replies. i gave it on the dahua side. never used the Q see so cant comment.

but i cant see how you can compare. TVT they all use the same O/S.

dont see why you see it like that. but i was right. you are a distributor and not TVT. and thats all my point was.

your question has many replies. i gave it on the dahua side. never used the Q see so cant comment.

but i cant see how you can compare. TVT they all use the same O/S.

Well lets see --- firstly you are implying that i claimed to be TVT, so you being right in my being a distributor isn't ground breaking, since my entire website and comments identify me as a distributor - hence what is the motivation of your commentary?

You are plain wrong - my question does not have many replies:

In developing a quality survey, that aims to test, amongst the integrators to whom you sell , the comparative quality of your product - regardless of what such product may be there are a closed set of potentials.

I would like to know the quantitative comparisons, that you would include in a quality survey, intended to measure your performance as a dvr distributor.

It seems to me you are trying to use this thread to plug your product!

dahua, TVT, Hikvision, geovision --- what does that matter - I want to develop a questinoaire to send to my customers to determine where the product I am selling them....falls short of their expectation.

My apologies - not just the product, but also the service I am selling them.

If we exclude the petty - I am sure we could come up with a pretty decent survey/questionnaire that could be used by any distributor , regardless of the brand they represent.

Don't you think that's important? To get your customers perception of how they perceive the quality of your product and service to be?

How is the Network Software, Desktop or other.

How is the Local Setup ease of use

stuff like that?

Well lets see --- firstly you are implying that i claimed to be TVT

well sorry i did not look at your website. i just know TVT as a company that i have been too.

It seems to me you are trying to use this thread to plug your product!

i have not mentioned Avermedia at all.

dahua, TVT, Hikvision, geovision --- what does that matter - I want to develop a questinoaire to send to my customers to determine where the product I am selling them....falls short of their expectation.

then that is the point at which you start for your questionnaire. but to be honest i dont see why you need to send your customer a questionnaire if the product you sold falls low of there expectations.

If we exclude the petty - I am sure we could come up with a pretty decent survey/questionnaire that could be used by any distributor , regardless of the brand they represent.

that would mean the distributor would have to stock lots of brands and that cant happen. as you know one product will not do it all.

so what are you asking. should we compairing TVT against dahua geo aver hik Q see. i just dont see how that will help your questionnair

LOL --- squirming is alway amusing!

The purpose of a survey is to make sure that your product doesn't fall short of expectations -- you wouldn't know the answer to that before doing the survey now would you?

Who mentioned Dahua? and why?

You see. I don't really care to debate this further with you, because you are wiggling out of a corner.

What i am concerned with is developing a quality survey that any dvr distributor could use to evaluate the product they are offering against similar products available to their client base. If you can't contribute substantive elements that might comprise such a survey/questionnaire -- why are you even responding at all?

Just a FYI, Q-See does not compare to either TVT or Dahua.

Q-See buys DVRs from those manufacturers and sticks its name on it

Yes --- I didn't want to go that route --- out of respect to my manufacturer -- but Qsee both labels TVT and Dahua and other products i=under their own brands. Qsee definitely is not in the same league as TVT or Dahua

Thank Rory:

How does the unit compare on user friendliness:

is the unit easy to setup in comparison?

How do you rate the CMS/Network software in comparison

Now that's the kind of response I was looking for!

Thank Rory:

hi. so thats what you are asking questions like that

Thank Rory:

hi. so thats what you are asking questions like that

Hmmm..... does it seem that unclear?

Aren't these normally the types of questions one would include in a quality survey form, but I would also like to include vendor service issues in the questionnaire as well.

How does our stock level/availability compare to other vendors?

Stuff like that --- so that I can send the Form to my customers and ask them to assess our performance.