Sign in to follow this  
skididlee

Hello/New to CCTV

Hi all,just want to say hello to everyone, i have joined your forum for help on setting up my CCTV for remote viewing, i hope there is someone who has the patience to help me...

look forward to chatting.....

Hi & Welcome --- I am sure somebody will help:

What is the hardware - you are using. Brands, Models, etc.....and what type of modem/router do you have?

hi there,

thankyou for the welcome and your reply,

i am running XP professional,Sky sagem 2504 on DCHP

Avtech 761 4 channel dvr,

i have set up a DYNDNS account but i just do not know which ip address to put where and how to set up port forwarding on the sagem, at present i can wiew my cameras on my iphone via eagleeyes app and on my desktop via 192.168.0.3/8888.

hope this helps, look forward to advice, thankyou for your patience...regards skididlee......

I will just mention two basic facts for now --- you probably know this already, and just a necessary elimination - so hope you are not offended.

The 192.x.x.x. address is a LAN address, and you need to establish the WAN or Public IP address of your router. Likely that's already being done if you have set up the DynDNS. If the DYNDNS is correctly configured you will get to your router with the the URL that you got from DYNDNS.

If you type in that URL and get to your routers logon screen, all is good - if it doesn't get to the routers Logon screen, something is amiss at this layer.

Normally, in a default setup you will not be able to access the system from inside the same lan using DYNDNS. use a computer that is not on your lan!

hi there,

thankyou for the welcome and your reply,

i am running XP professional,Sky sagem 2504 on DCHP

Avtech 761 4 channel dvr,

i have set up a DYNDNS account but i just do not know which ip address to put where and how to set up port forwarding on the sagem, at present i can wiew my cameras on my iphone via eagleeyes app and on my desktop via 192.168.0.3/8888.

hope this helps, look forward to advice, thankyou for your patience...regards skididlee......

Hi if you are new to networking. then i would do it the easy way sky (bt) will give you a static ip. then you will not need to use the likes of DYNDNS service.

Hello again,

Thankyou for your reply,i dont think sky give out static ip address's it DCHP only although ive not asked....

my router gives my dvr the address of 192.168.0.3

sky changes my address each time i log on, yes i understand this so far, i set up DYNDNS with the same address and dyn monitors this ok,

i set up port forwarding on my sky sagem 8888.

the dvr is set to DCHP and monitors my router( should i set this to static and give it a new address)

ok, so i can type in the dyndns host/address and i go to a log in page,this is the log in to my router ? at this point i thought i would see my cameras.....

So the story so far is i deleted all previous info to try and start again,hence joining a forum....

Hope you can help. thankyou for you patience.......

Hello again,

Thankyou for your reply,i dont think sky give out static ip address's it DCHP only although ive not asked....

my router gives my dvr the address of 192.168.0.3

sky changes my address each time i log on, yes i understand this so far, i set up DYNDNS with the same address and dyn monitors this ok,

i set up port forwarding on my sky sagem 8888.

the dvr is set to DCHP and monitors my router( should i set this to static and give it a new address)

ok, so i can type in the dyndns host/address and i go to a log in page,this is the log in to my router ? at this point i thought i would see my cameras.....

So the story so far is i deleted all previous info to try and start again,hence joining a forum....

Hope you can help. thankyou for you patience.......

hi you did fine as to the above. what you needed to do was type your ip as .... http://your DYNDNS :8888

Hi there, yes i did that and got my router login, are you saying that from another computer elsewhere and i typed in my dyndns addy that i would see my cameras ?

Hi there, yes i did that and got my router login, are you saying that from another computer elsewhere and i typed in my dyndns addy that i would see my cameras ?

No: Just confirmation that your dyndns url is bringing your traffic to your gateway.

As you say you have already attempted port forwarding settings, why don't you give me the DYNDNS url --- or better yet somebody on the forum who is in the same country as yourself, and let them check if the traffic is stopping at the gateway, or if it's being forwarded to your DVR. You usually cannot check this from within your own LAN - at least with the service providers we have in my country.

If it's only getting to the router logon --- then you will need to review your port forward settings in the router.

hi yes it should do if you have asigned your dvr ip (192.168.0.3) to port 8888

No way..Cool......ok i'll set it up again and try it...thx for your help, i'll be back.........

regards skididlee.....thankyou for your patience.....

Hi there again,

I have been trying to set up my cctv again, i have forgotten what setting to put in the sky router....Security...Firewall Rules.....Outbound Services ? and Inbound Services ?

thankyou for your patience........ regards Skididlee

Hi folks...well i still have not got it, it seems to be the inbound/outbound firewall settings, where the sky tutorial asks for IP address which one do i use....ADSL port IP address or

LAN port IP address or gateway ip address.....

thanx for all your help guys.....

#-o Hi folks...well i still have not got it, it seems to be the inbound/outbound firewall settings, where the sky tutorial asks for IP address which one do i use....ADSL port IP address or

LAN port IP address or gateway ip address.....

thanx for all your help guys.....

hi. first in services please do the following

name enter CCTV

type choose TCP/UDP

start port 8888

finnish port 8888

then press apply

Now choose Firewall Rules:

name the service CCTV1

service ... in the drop down you will find the one we made in the first part CCTV.TCP/UDP 8888.8888

action click always

send to Lan server you need to enter 192.168.0.3

Wan user click any

then leave the rest and click apply. then logout of your router. and give that a go. remember you cant login to your own network using your external ip

Hi there Tom,

yes i'm getting somewhere, if i give you my Dyndns addy would you see if you can see my cameras ?

Hi there Tom,

yes i'm getting somewhere, if i give you my Dyndns addy would you see if you can see my cameras ?

yes no problem just pm it

Hi there Tom,

hi everything is working fine now " title="Applause" />

Hi there Tom,

hi everything is working fine now " title="Applause" />

Way to go

Hi all i just want to say a big thankyou for all those who helped me set up my CCTV for remote viewing,especially tomcctv,cheerz mate,,,,,,,,,i didnt think it possible..... " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" />

Thankyou for your patience...............