edselrt

Pc specifications for netvision software

What is the recommended pc specifications for a 32 channel dvr using DG4216hf dvr cards?

Hi There,

For a 32 Ch with DG4216HF cards system, I suggest the following configuration:

Motherboard: Intel 945GC or above

CPU: Intel Dual Core 2.6 GHz or above

RAM: 2G or above

Graphic card: ATI is suggested, with 512 MB memery or above.

HDD: It is suggest to use RAID since all 32 channels are DG4216HF with D1 recording. If CIF recording, normal SATA HDD will be enough.

By the way, Windows XP is prefered, if you want to install Win 7, please log in the system with "Administrator", that would make sure the operation from the software will not be refused.

Best Regards.

I've got this exact scenario right now with a new client. I've installed 2 dauha 16 channel cards(pci). I'm recording 30 cameras @ 20fps d1 res. With single monitor the system uses about 20% CPU. With dual monitors, the CPU usage jumps to 80% usage. As soon as I try to add just 1 ip camera (2mp) hikvision, the system maxes out at 100% CPU.

The system I'm using is a 2x dual xeon 5160 3.0ghz

Wd black 2tb drives, raid 1. 4gb ram and dual ati 6850 1gb video cards.

It seems the application that displays the 2nd monitor is a CPU hog. I'm thinking net vision is not going to work for dual monitor.

I also built an i7 2600 system, but the system will not boot with the dauha cards. I'm thinking the motherboard does not work with the 32 bit cards.

Problem is, I can't find a new motherboard that will work with the cards, and an old motherboard won't work with a new i7 processor.

I had high hopes for the net vision software after reading good things about it on the forums here. But it seems like maybe it's geared more towards mom and pop stores and not enterprise.

Back to exacq...

I've got this exact scenario right now with a new client. I've installed 2 dauha 16 channel cards(pci). I'm recording 30 cameras @ 20fps d1 res. With single monitor the system uses about 20% CPU. With dual monitors, the CPU usage jumps to 80% usage. As soon as I try to add just 1 ip camera (2mp) hikvision, the system maxes out at 100% CPU.

The system I'm using is a 2x dual xeon 5160 3.0ghz

Wd black 2tb drives, raid 1. 4gb ram and dual ati 6850 1gb video cards.

It seems the application that displays the 2nd monitor is a CPU hog. I'm thinking net vision is not going to work for dual monitor.

I also built an i7 2600 system, but the system will not boot with the dauha cards. I'm thinking the motherboard does not work with the 32 bit cards.

Problem is, I can't find a new motherboard that will work with the cards, and an old motherboard won't work with a new i7 processor.

I had high hopes for the net vision software after reading good things about it on the forums here. But it seems like maybe it's geared more towards mom and pop stores and not enterprise.

Back to exacq...

Hi There,

I'm from Netvision, if you get your products and software from us directly, please contact our tech for help.

For the dual monitor problem, I wonder if you can contact our tech for help or not?? A remote access such as VNC or Teamviewer. Then our tech will check online for the problem. We never met this problem before, it is a quite new one.

For the problem with Hikvision 2MP IP camera ups the CPU usage to 100%, we also need your help to offer a remote access if possible. By the way, IP cameras requires the CPU to decode, this will take large CPU usage when you add IP cameras. We suggested a Dual Core 2.4 GHz CPU can decode 4 2MP IPC or 8 Mega pixel IPC or 12-16 D1 IPCs.

For your problem with I7 processor and WIN 7 OS, our tech will need to check on the computer to find out what happened. Here we tested with 6225 motherboard installed WIN 7 both 32 bit system and 64 bit system also, all worked properly for long times, so could you please contact our tech for help??

If you got your products&software from a dealer, please contact them, they will contact us for help, and we will fix the problems asap.

Best Regards,

Thanks for your insight William. I've done as you suggested and setup remote access for Netvision support to log in. I've sent my dealer this info.

Can you give me your suggested hardware specifications for the following setup.

30 Analog cameras- D1, 20FPS

6x 2MP cameras, 15FPS

Dual Monitor

Thanks!

Thanks for your insight William. I've done as you suggested and setup remote access for Netvision support to log in. I've sent my dealer this info.

Can you give me your suggested hardware specifications for the following setup.

30 Analog cameras- D1, 20FPS

6x 2MP cameras, 15FPS

Dual Monitor

Thanks!

Hi there,

Due to our Mail Server problem,we haven't got any email sent yesterday. I think if you sent the email to us yesterday, you have to send again.

For the configuration problem,

I'm afraid you need an i5 or higher CPU and 2G or higher RAM, also a 512 MB graphic card is required too, since you have 6 2MP cameras. Also a RAID is required for the big record data. Dual Monitor function just required your graphic card to have two output ports to connect to two monitors.

Best Regards,

Ok.

You recommend a core i5 processor. I'm using dual xeon 5160's.

Passmark scores the i5 750 @ 4266 and the dual 5160's @ 4201. Almost identical.

You suggest 2gb of ram. I've got 4th of ram.

You recommend a 512mb video card. Im using 2x ati radeon 6850 1gb cards.

You suggest using a raid configuration, which i am using.

So, it seems I'm using a more powerful system than you recommend for 30 analog + 6 2mp. However, even with no ip cameras added, im at 90% cpu usage. Once i add an ip camera I'm at %100 CPU.

Do you have such a configuration setup in your lab? Have you tested a setup like this.

Your company is very reputable, you must have large settle like this?

I'm guessing that the ATI driver is causing an issue here. Try updating to the latest driver, if you are using the latest drivers, try disabling some unnecessary features in the Catalyst control centre and see if CPU utilization drops.

What is the recommended pc specifications for a 32 channel dvr using DG4216hf dvr cards?

Just curios

why did u get Dahua cards insted HIK /

because of price ?

I use Netvision for long time

build 16-32-48 ch system and never had problem

used comp 10 times less powerful then yours

Ok.

You recommend a core i5 processor. I'm using dual xeon 5160's.

Passmark scores the i5 750 @ 4266 and the dual 5160's @ 4201. Almost identical.

You suggest 2gb of ram. I've got 4th of ram.

You recommend a 512mb video card. Im using 2x ati radeon 6850 1gb cards.

You suggest using a raid configuration, which i am using.

So, it seems I'm using a more powerful system than you recommend for 30 analog + 6 2mp. However, even with no ip cameras added, im at 90% cpu usage. Once i add an ip camera I'm at %100 CPU.

Do you have such a configuration setup in your lab? Have you tested a setup like this.

Your company is very reputable, you must have large settle like this?

Hi there,

I have to say, there are two ways to work with dual monitor function. One is stretch, and the other is extand.

When using stretch mode, can not control which camera to be displayed on the second monitor, but in this mode, all data from capture card will not use any CPU & RAM to decode & display.

When using extand mode, you can control which camera do be displayed on the second monitor, but in this mode, video displayed on the second monitor will use CPU & RAM to decode & display, so CPU & RAM will be used heavily since all video are D1 or 2 MP camera.

If you use extand mode to work with dual monitor fucntion and display 16 cameras on the second monitor. That equals you use your i5 CPU to decode 12 D1 cameras and 6 2 MP cameras. This would be the problem, the CPU is not powerful enough.

It was recommended to me to use the dahua/Netvision cards due to cost. I was told by my dealer that the cards would perform the same as hikvision, but the dahua cards were 1/3 the cost. If I could get the cards to boot in the new i7 system, then maybe my problem would be solved, but with the dahua cards installed, the PC just turns on for 2secs then off then on...repeat.

BTW: The cards are Netvision DG4216HF (but actually manufactured by dahua PN: DH-VEC8016HB)

William, can you recommend to me a motherboard that will work with 2x Netvision DG4216HF cards, an i7 2600 CPU, and 2x Asus Radeon 6850 videocards?

Thanks!

Just curios

why did u get Dahua cards insted HIK /

because of price ?

I use Netvision for long time

build 16-32-48 ch system and never had problem

used comp 10 times less powerful then yours

Price and I need D1 realtime

Price and I need D1 realtime

Thx for answer

kinda make me feel good that I never bought Dahua Cards

Makes me feel good that my customer saved some money

William:

1) The Netvision software supports dual monitors.

2) Netvision support 2x 16port Compression cards (32 channels) in one computer

3) Netvision sells and supports IP cameras to work with their software

i've got all of the above.

You mention that I need an i5 processor. OK, I've got an i7 processor (even better)

What 1155 based motherboard have you set this up with?

I'm really on the edge of my seat here...

William:

1) The Netvision software supports dual monitors.

2) Netvision support 2x 16port Compression cards (32 channels) in one computer

3) Netvision sells and supports IP cameras to work with their software

i've got all of the above.

You mention that I need an i5 processor. OK, I've got an i7 processor (even better)

What 1155 based motherboard have you set this up with?

I'm really on the edge of my seat here...

Hi There,

We setup such systems and they work perfectly, but not with 1155 based motherboard. Recently we have built a system with 1155 based motherboard, GA-H67A-USB3-B3, with single chip compression cards and many IP cameras, and worked perfectly.

Your problem with the CPU usage must because you use the dual monitors with extand mode, under this mode, software will use the CPU to decode all the video displayed on the second monitors, also the IP cameras displayed on the first monitor will use the CPU to decode too, this would cause the CPU usage to be higher. Please check.

For the 1155 based motherboard can not start up with dahua cards, this is because the new 1155 based motherboard do not support earlier bridge connection on the compression cards, maybe you can refer to a P43 or P45 to have a test.

By the way, did you get our emails? For this problem, I think our tech have sent you some emails.

mobo - http://www.hikvision.msk.ru/forum/3-47-1

for i7 ASRock P55 Pro 2xPCI, 6xSATA, ASUS P7P55 LX 3xPCI, 6xSATA, etc

try use sub stream for 2nd monitor..