EarlT

Avigilon Analong to IP encoder

If I get an Avigilon ENC-4port to use during my eval of the software, will there be any resale value if I opt to something other than Avigilon? To be honest, I like their software ok, but until they have iPhone support, it's of no value to me.

I was told by Avigilon that "the iOS app will be out some time in late-June" " title="Applause" />

This is also the main reason I went with Exacq. But once the Avigilon iOS app comes out, I would like to demo Avigilon software and may consider switching if its that much better.

It will be nice to see the upgrade.

Any thoughts on the encoder resale value? Don't want to waste money for something I might not need, but I do want to "evaluate it" along with the software.

It will be nice to see the upgrade.

Any thoughts on the encoder resale value? Don't want to waste money for something I might not need, but I do want to "evaluate it" along with the software.

Hmm, I guess its depend how much are u going to pay for it

The Avigilon IP Encoder uses JPEG2000 and only JPEG2000 so if your planning to use it with a different VMS you are out of luck. I would assume because of this the resale value on it will be quite low.

To be honest, I like their software ok, but until they have iPhone support, it's of no value to me.

According to the Avigilon installers on this forum, iPhone support is seldom if ever requested. According the Avigilon rep in the bay area, iPhone support is frequently requested. Personally, I've been holding off on moving to Avigilon in part because I must have iPhone/iPad support. The Avigilon iPhone app is due to be released this month.

Best,

Christopher

Don't want to waste money for something I might not need, but I do want to "evaluate it" along with the software.

The good news is that the Avigilon encoder is less than half the cost of the Axis Q7404 encoder, and if you do keep it, it only uses one Avigilon license.

Best,

Christopher

Don't want to waste money for something I might not need, but I do want to "evaluate it" along with the software.

The good news is that the Avigilon encoder is less than half the cost of the Axis Q7404 encoder, and if you do keep it, it only uses one Avigilon license.

Best,

Christopher

Yep it is a decent price. I just find myself looking at IP cameras, and thinking I should just ditch my analog cams and go forth. Not knowing if I am going Avigilon or not, I ordered another Sanyo cam today.