EarlT

Avigilon Motion Detection

I'm running a demo of ACC enterprise and have a Sanyo HD4600 I am trying to set motion detection in a small area. Either inclusion, or exclusion. I can make the changes and save, but when I go back they are gone. I can change the duration before and after and it will stay, just the areas wont. What am I missing? I have an alarm set for motion and it tests ok, but even with the world moving, I never get an alert.

Is this an issue with non Avigilon cameras, or me? I have set several different systems and this is the only one I have failed to get motion alerts working on.

Try setting up the motion window in the camera and see what happens.

I have and it works. I mean I have set the camera up to email me on motion. I'm using the analytics. Is Avigilon trying to set the camera up, not what the software sees?

For email to work on Avigilon you must have a local email server or your local ISP.

That's not the problem. I can get it to send me emails all day long by pushing the test button. Not a local ISP either. Using ATT.Yahoo.com. I think my problem is limited to not being able to get it to recognize motion on the camera.

For email to work on Avigilon you must have a local email server or your local ISP.

That's not the problem. I can get it to send me emails all day long by pushing the test button. Not a local ISP either. Using ATT.Yahoo.com. I think my problem is limited to not being able to get it to recognize motion on the camera.

Yes, u right about motion

wait for ver 4.8 in June

was reported and getting fix as we speak

I putzed around with alarm settings in my camera and set it to detect and set one area up. Now if I zoom the camera ACC will pop up an alert window. Still no email, but I set a rule up to zoom the camera to a preset when motion is detected and that works. I get emails when the camera disconnects and stuff, so I am close.

I hope 4.8 hits soon! I want to give it a good workout before my trial expires. Gotta see that iPhone support work before I bite.

I hope 4.8 hits soon! I want to give it a good workout before my trial expires. Gotta see that iPhone support work before I bite.

if u can plz post setting for Yahoo e-mail

or call me

I now get emails when the camera has motion. Just wish I could attach a picture to the email. No good getting an email if your out and about and can't see what's up.

I now get emails when the camera has motion.

Can you also schedule that? For example, could you set up email on motion (or input alarm) Mon-Fri 6 pm to 7 am?

Best,

Christopher

Yes but you need the enterprise version I believe. On my Sanyo hd4600 I can control the schedule there.

I think the issue with Avigilon and some external email is the requirement for a ssl connection over a different port. (often 465). There is no provision for ssl built in yet, but ak357 says Avigilon is aware of it and perhaps the fix will be in place in the new version.

The three features I'd like to see added are:

- mobile phone support (due end of this month)

- event scheduling in standard license

- email that works as good as Exacq.

Best,

Christopher

The three features I'd like to see added are:

- mobile phone support (due end of this month)

- event scheduling in standard license

- email that works as good as Exacq.

Best,

Christopher

Have you looked at VideoIQ yet? I still think that is the best solution for your needs and it meets all of your requirements listed above.