Bluzman23

Help with License plate capture

here in the uk we can buy a demo placement board if you do alot of LP systems.

lightweight, quickly erected structure supplied in a custom made aluminium carry case of just 600mm x 430mm x 170mm. This case cleverly doubles as a stable base for the Target when in use.

Design Features

Several new design features include a full colour graphic and accurately sized motor vehicle licence plates. These can be adapted for use in different regions of the world by substituting local car registration plates and facial features from other ethnic groups.

Parameters

Quickly and easily check the following parameters in 'real world' conditions:

Image Height Ratio

Resolution Focus

Colour Rendering

Facial Recognition

ANPR

imgnormancctvtt-1.jpg

Brandon,

Thanks for the links, I am printing them and then I will mess around with what I have. I am in the United States in New York. that tutorial looks great I am excited to set up my cam and see what results I get. I guess an Indoor bench test maybe in my garage first to get the settings figured out and then I can try it from a temp location outside.

As for lighting an Idea I had in the back of my head. I was going to use the DVR's alarm contacts to provide a clousure and power a light when the camera needed it via motion sensor. Not sure how effective it would be but it's another thing I will test out.

This afternoon I was at a party and met someone who was the CEO at Pixim from 2005 to 2007. They developed a sensor for an LPR application. In addition to the tricks that are often discussed on this forum including IR illumination and IR band-pass filter, they used one more trick I've not seen discussed on this forum. They used a very fast shutter to stop the motion, alternated the IR illumination with every other frame, and subtracted the ambient image from the IR image to produce an IR only image.

Best,

Christopher

Chris,

that one sounds a little intense for my application, but I will keep it in my arsenal of information. Thanks to all for the help so far.

Joe

Great discuss, i know that bluzman does not need to recognize the plate and all of you guys are worried about night effects but what about the sun effects on the plate, look at the picture that i took from a camera that i use. The camera is a Samsung SCB-2000 with AutoIris Lens 6-60mm, before midday the ANPR works perfect after that the sun start to blur the image. Whit all your experience do you have any idea how to fix this issue. Distance from car: 5 meters, the camera is at 2.4 meters high, and the angle is 17.

?

01_20110706134046.jpg.ea0df5d7147802e9f2883ae012403af7.jpg