ronwood

Reliable POE switch that will power 8 IP cameras?

I’m starting out with 2 GeoVision GV-VD320D cameras (3mega pixel - recording 20 fps at 2048 x 1536) & depending on their performance will be adding 6 more of them.

I need a POE switch that will smoothly handle 8- 3 mega pixel cameras at the same time. If possible, I would like to stay under $350 for the switch, but I’m willing to spend more.

Also, I haven’t ordered the cameras yet…I would like to purchase some of the equipment from people who contribute on this forum. So, if someone on here is a GeoVision dealer and wants to pm me with a price quote, feel free.

Thanks,

fyi I’ve already read this thread http://www.cctvforum.com/about18527.html

As long as you don't enable the IR, a Linksys/Cisco SFE-1000P should do nicely. It has eight 10/100 PoE ports and two GbE/miniGBIC combo ports, so you can run your cameras, and connect to your DVR and LAN. And they come in under $300.

The one limitation is that it will only do a full 15.4W on four channels at once, or 7.5W on all eight... but that should be more than enough for most basic IP cameras.

Thanks for the quick response, but I don’t think the SFE1000P is still available. Also, I’m looking for a POE switch that will provide full power (15.4W) on all 8 channels/ports. I’m still looking if anyone has any suggestions.

If anyone has seen or tested any of the GeoVision mega pixel cameras, please let me know what you thought.

Thanks for the quick response, but I don’t think the SFE1000P is still available. Also, I’m looking for a POE switch that will provide full power (15.4W) on all 8 channels/ports. I’m still looking if anyone has any suggestions.

If anyone has seen or tested any of the GeoVision mega pixel cameras, please let me know what you thought.

Get 24 port Netgear

cost a little more but u will get 195 Watts of PoE

I’m starting out with 2 GeoVision GV-VD320D cameras (3mega pixel - recording 20 fps at 2048 x 1536) & depending on their performance will be adding 6 more of them.

I need a POE switch that will smoothly handle 8- 3 mega pixel cameras at the same time. If possible, I would like to stay under $350 for the switch, but I’m willing to spend more.

Also, I haven’t ordered the cameras yet…I would like to purchase some of the equipment from people who contribute on this forum. So, if someone on here is a GeoVision dealer and wants to pm me with a price quote, feel free.

Thanks,

fyi I’ve already read this thread about18527.html

Hats off to Ronwood -- that's a powerful gesture! These guys on this forum are mostly the guys that "DESERVE" your money and will give you the quality product you "DESERVE"

The mere fact that they are here, arguing, debating illustrates the passion they have for their proposition ----- good luck, I am sure you are going to be quite happy with Geovision!

Still needing 2 of the GeoVision GV-VD322D cameras. I have not received any pm’s, does anybody on here sell GeoVision?

Thanks,

I purchased a Zyxel ES2108PWR switch…I also ordered the cameras from the same company. Not sure if this post got a lot of views from anyone who sells GeoVision cameras, because I never got the first pm?

Anyway, I just wanted to say thank you again to everyone on this forum for contributing their knowledge, time, & experience.