jasonbaskett

Wrong Voltage for CCTV Cameras issue

I accidentally ordered the incorrect power distribution box (a 24v instead of a 12v) and hooked up some of my cameras (Speco CVC-627) to the power and they are no longer working. My question is, can these cameras be repaired or reset to get them back working.

The strange thing, is that I had tested out the distribution box and it worked with one camera just fine. I then went to install and hooked more than one camera up and now I have lost 3 of my cameras. I then noticed when troubleshooting that the power box was a 24v and not 12v..

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated,

Jason

Well, I have seen cameras come back to life after being zapped by double their voltage. The best thing to do is to contact speco and just tell them that the cameras died all of the sudden. Don't metion the power box accident and they'll most likely repair or replace them for you.

Garbage. Did that before too. I should have read the instructions instead of what the company sent to me when I went to install them in the field. They do it all the time-send 12vDC cams with a 24vAC can. Now I always check.

those bullets power boards die easily. Basically its probably not the camera, just the power board.

Those cams come with an AC adaptor, so can be easily checked. Besides, power supply should be fused.

doesnt matter if it was fused, the camera is not fused, it can probably only take as high as 18VDC, so when he put 24VDC on it, it would have burned it up over time or straight away.