Sign in to follow this  
sandman_security

Residential Camera Advice

Hello everyone. 1st time posting so easy on me.

Great site that i will utilize very often.

I'm looking to install 4 cameras for a residential application and looking for the best day/night vandal proof dome camera.

I'll probably be using the Everfocus ECOR DVR.

It's new construction, so I'll rough in single gang boxes in the soffits and looking for a camera to mount to those boxes.

I' ll need one that i can see at night in low light situations. Its the suburbs so there should be some ambient lighting. Looking for something with nice video quality this way i get no questions or call backs once installed

If anyone can recommend something, I would really appreciate it.

I was looking at the Speco intensfier dome, but looking at some of the posts it didnt see too many favorable comments.

I appreciate your help.

Thank you

sandman

Hey Sandman,

I've recently been using the Monalisa VCM24-VF for my outdoor applications. If setup with a solid DVR and good quality cable you should have a happy customer. What I specifically like about these cameras is there ability to adjust the picture at night giving you a clean, crisp picture. They also keep the image quite vivid. Defiantly some better cameras out there, but for the money defiantly a solid contender.

Lely009,

Thanks for your quick reply. I see that CNB cameras a really recommended in this forum. I'm in NY and I contacted both my distributors and neither have this camera.

One distributor is pushing the Digital Watch Dog Starlight line, the other is ADI which mentioned the Speco brand.

Are there any other recommendations out there?

I appreciate your help.

Sandman