G22

Sanyo DSR-3506* vs DSR-3009*

There is no difference as of today. Sanyo just released their new "Cheetah" and "Tiger" DVRs. Over the last 6 months, the 3506 used their newer platform while their 9 and 16 channel units were waiting to be sold off so that they can introduce the new "Cheetah" and "Tiger" DVRs. They now have the 6, 9, and 16 channel all of the same platform.

Sanyo's new "Tiger" DVR with FREE "Spider" software is an excellent unit. Imagine a hybrid, PC-based system in an embedded box.

That help quite a bit, thanks. I was seeing diff info on diff sites. ie. Triplex, not Triplex.

Have you ever used the 3506? Pros/Cons?

There is basically no difference except the on number of ports...

Unless if you are comparing to Cheetah and Tiger models, they both are the same...

Both the 6 channel and 9 channels basically using similar hardware (except the number of ports), compact flash slot, LAN/WAN control, etc.. and the same firmware/software..

Excellent embedded systems, very easy to operate and program and both come with 3 years warranty...

Levon

Thx Levon.

I will prob get one from you soon. I am selling off a few of my guns to pay some bills, but there should be enough to get one hopefully. Rebecca Peters from IANSA said I should get rid of all my guns cuz she will protect me from all the BG's. I believe her so I am complying.

I see the 3009 only does SSP? I doubt I will use it though anyway. I am addicted to Panasonic cams, and since I already have a PS-DATA monitor, I will prob just end up getting the Panasonic controller w/Data Muliplexer later on anyway for camera control, menu setup, etc.

New Sanyo models DSR-3506, DSR-3709, DSR-3716 have,

* Built-in network connection, DSR-3009 & 3016 had PCM/CIA slot with seperate network adapter.

* When units are accessed via network connection the Analog monitor view is completely independent (does not change). On DSR-3009 and DSR-3016 when units were accessed by network the Analog monitor would change as the remote user switched views.

* When viewing live cameras on Analog monitor in multi display cameras are real-time 30fps view. 3009/3016 live multi screen was multiplexed.

* The DSR-3506, DSR-3709, and DSR-3716 can all be registered, viewed, and remotely managed with the VA-SW5000 utility software

also the DSR-3709 and DSR-3716 have telemetry control (PTZ) coax, RS-485, RS-422

Interesting, thx. Now I am wondering if the 3506 would be better for me. I am only going to have 3 or 4 cameras max, since this is for home use.

I also notice that the 3009 has digital i/o, RS-485, and RS-232 whereas the 3506 does not, at least from the blurry pics so for. Any others?

* When viewing live cameras on Analog monitor in multi display cameras are real-time 30fps view. 3009/3016 live multi screen was multiplexed.

I not be understanding. If more than one camera is viewed on the Analog monitor with the 3009/3016, the display is NOT real-time? Thx.

Any mutli-screen view will be multiplexed shots regardless if it is Sanyo or anyone else.

Your observation is correct on the 3009 series containing RS-485 and RS-232 ports vs. 3506 series...

Do you want indepth comparison? Even though both come with basic and similar specs, there is additional technical information availble, however I am not sure what purpose they will serve unless if you can specify your application...

Both units are excellent performers, embedded systems, easy to program and manage and with no nonsense warranty. Sanyo also has one of the best technical support teams in this industry. Combined with these fact, it also comes with 3 years warranty is yet another major benefit...

For obvious reasons, there is a price variance going from one to the next and it also has everything to do with hard drive configuration. Check our posts in the dealer section to find out the differences...

If you want more information, please PM...

Levon

I not be understanding. If more than one camera is viewed on the Analog monitor with the 3009/3016, the display is NOT real-time? Thx.

When viewing multi-screen images, 4,9, or 16 split screen on the older Sanyo Units (DSR-3009/3016) live the view was multiplexed. This means that the camera images are being slapped onto the screen sequentially one field at a time by channel. So viewing in 16 screen split each individuat channel is actually refreshing 3.75 times a second.

(30 Frames per second equals NTSC real-time, Multiplexers and Analog monitors use interlaced video "fields" 1 Frame = 2 fields, 30 Frames = 60 fields. So 60 fields per second divided by 16 channels I get 3.75)

This is not always apparent at a glance, but if you watch it for a while or loop the same channel to all 16 inputs it becomes obvious.

When I said the split screen views on the DSR-3506, 3709, and 3716 were no longer multiplexed I meant that all 6,9, or 16 channels in a given live view are refreshing at a rate of 60 Fields per second (or 30 Frames per second) meaning real time viewing. This can make a big difference in some applications.

I also notice that the 3009 has digital i/o, RS-485, and RS-232 whereas the 3506 does not, at least from the blurry pics so for. Any others?

DSR- 3709, and 3716 have RS-485/ RS-422 connection, they do not have RS-232 like the DSR-3009 and 3016. The DSR-3506 has neither RS-485 or RS-232, remote control is only via network connection or a resistive ladder remote.