destro_23

Just got a hold of an Arecont - how to get ip?

Here are 2 more pics taken of the 5100 Arecont and the 1.3mp vivotek

I was playing with the settings of the arecont i turned up the brightness..

the old vivotek looks good... and i can't find a good setting for the Arecont.

2011_06_21_19_01_33.thumb.jpg.4cdd4043fa9744faf11341ff96c56891.jpg

20110621-19_24_32.jpg.33bf07ce6ebb8e6f7fbdf4fb857a65b6.jpg

1) disconnect VMS from camera

2) fire up AV100

3) open up AV100 VMS

4) setup camera

5) save settings to the camera

6) make sure AV100 is shut down

7) reconnect to current VMS

Any problem,more problems

24 hours hot line

1-800-thewireguys

I know it works because I have done this many times. I do like the Av100 software for one reason and that is you don't have to log into every camera to set them up. You fire up one piece of software and everything is right there. That is about the only thing Av100 is good for. I am very surprised Arecont has not released newer better software.

The little standalone installer works okay (not great, but okay)... it's just too bad they don't actually make it readily available. Unless things have changed recently, they only thing they provide on the bundled CD and on their website is their full setup/NVR package... and the installation for that doesn't give you the option to NOT install the NVR, or to set it to NOT start automatically with windows.

I know it works because I have done this many times. I do like the Av100 software for one reason and that is you don't have to log into every camera to set them up. You fire up one piece of software and everything is right there. That is about the only thing Av100 is good for. I am very surprised Arecont has not released newer better software.

The little standalone installer works okay (not great, but okay)... it's just too bad they don't actually make it readily available. Unless things have changed recently, they only thing they provide on the bundled CD and on their website is their full setup/NVR package... and the installation for that doesn't give you the option to NOT install the NVR, or to set it to NOT start automatically with windows.

Yes you can stop it from starting with Windows.

Yes you can stop it from starting with Windows.

I know you CAN... but besides this not being obvious, having it start with Windows in the first place should not be a DEFAULT.

picture still not the greatest but getting better... i adjusted it through the av100 software. I'll try and focus it a little further away. But the picture just looks very soft.. not as sharp as i want it. And not as bright as the vivotek.

I'll keep tweaking. Below is a remote capture through avermedia software.. so it's small in size

20110623-08_51_01.jpg.30c22698f1c3d467cbfc3bb1c5bd9419.jpg

Two weeks ago I programmed ~80 arecont cameras (from the from the small av2155's all the way up to the 360 view av8365's) and every camera came with a disc with the AV100 software. It installs the AV100 software along with a viewer and something else, small quick install, easily removed when done.

It was a little finicky when I plugged in a bunch of cameras at once, but overall had very little issues. I also found on areconts if you don't set the "lock IP" option when programming they sometimes forget their assigned IP.

The AV100 software is a pile of poo, it never detects the IP and loses the IP address even if 'locked' to the camera.

You're better off just detecting the IP with a scanner like netscan.

The Arecont rep said they are aware that its crumby and are looking to do new software but thats probably awhile away.

in the end i'm not to impressed with these cameras... especially in my situation... where there is some extreme lighting conditions.. an older vivotek 1.3mp looks better to me

WOW! I've been to Arecont training and have installed a number of them and I am so unimpressed as well. They have huge issues with lighting similar to the pics here.

They typically come without AI so the iris is based upon internal digital interpretation. After I installed my last couple 5mp Areconts I was told I could order them with AI had I asked for it. I'm wondering if it would have made a big difference. I get similar picture quality where you just can't get the darn thing focused correctly. It's sad when you can take a 1.3mp cam and it blows away a 5mp one in picture quality.

Here are some things that might help with that Arecont image...

Use a good lens.

Close iris for good depth of focus. Iris looks too open for that shot. Open iris full, focus on mid scene, then close for depth.

As wireguys posted above, ROI in AV100 is useful. Opening triple ROI (near, mid, far) makes iris adjustment for depth of focus easy.

Maximize sharpness setting on the cam. Areconts have soft images at default, and maxing the sharpness doesn't introduce much or any noise.

If the AE is biasing wrong for the scene, and lighting condition is consistent, turn off AE and use brightness and gamma cam settings.

Edited by Guest

if i close the iris more... the faces of people become do dark to see and the camera will then adjust to the bright outdoor when that's not where i want to clean up... because of the very bright outdoor lights it's making it hard. I'll try and play around with it today if i'm not to busy. i might just move this camera somewhere else and put the 1.3mp vivotek back.

Anyone have a wdr Acti they wanna trade for? can't be worse right?

if i close the iris more... the faces of people become do dark to see and the camera will then adjust to the bright outdoor when that's not where i want to clean up... because of the very bright outdoor lights it's making it hard. I'll try and play around with it today if i'm not to busy. i might just move this camera somewhere else and put the 1.3mp vivotek back.

Anyone have a wdr Acti they wanna trade for? can't be worse right?

You need to setup ROI in the AV100 software "Opening triple ROI (near, mid, far) makes iris adjustment for depth of focus easy."