Sign in to follow this  
liveinxs

VCM-24VF Shutter Settings

hello,

i notice that the VCM-24VFs offer the ability to change the Shutter speed of the lens, it can be adjusted to the following settings:

1/60, 1/120, 1/250, 1/500, 1/700, 1/1K, 1/1600, 1/2500, 1/5K, 1/7K, 1/10K, 1/30K, 1/60K, and 1/120K...

what is the advantage to changing this setting and just how would i go about deciding which setting to use....

thanks

hello,

i notice that the VCM-24VFs offer the ability to change the Shutter speed of the lens, it can be adjusted to the following settings:

1/60, 1/120, 1/250, 1/500, 1/700, 1/1K, 1/1600, 1/2500, 1/5K, 1/7K, 1/10K, 1/30K, 1/60K, and 1/120K...

what is the advantage to changing this setting and just how would i go about deciding which setting to use....

thanks

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Shutter+speed+of+the+lens

Forcing the camera to see a certain way in different situations. For example, you have a camera in a dark alleyway. The camera is automatically slowing the shutter too much, resulting in blurry motion shots. You can manually tell it to up the speed, resulting in a darker (but less-blurry) image!

so for general outdoor uses, day and night use, what would the general best setting be, i am mainly interested in capturing faces , not really worried about catching plates of automobiles, if i was to change to a faster setting, will it reduce picture at night, r during the day..

the default setting is the best

that's what i left it on...didn't want to touch it, till i better understood it..thanks

that's what i left it on...didn't want to touch it, till i better understood it..thanks

If anything one might adjust the shutter if they need to capture fast moving cars.

Or, by slowing down the shutter it will see more under low light but it is not ideal.

Yep, defaults are almost always ideal. You can always set the settings back to default by choosing an option, forgot what its called!

i just checked in the manual, they call it "initial"

this camera is so crazy with the amount of options that can be changed....

Just a heads up, most TDN cameras (bullets and domes) which come with a 2.8-11mm lens typically have most of the same OSD features now. Dont know what it is but its as if there is one person making the blueprint for the OSD feature and the manufacturers customize it, or they all just copy each other

Just a heads up, most TDN cameras (bullets and domes) which come with a 2.8-11mm lens typically have most of the same OSD features now. Dont know what it is but its as if there is one person making the blueprint for the OSD feature and the manufacturers customize it, or they all just copy each other

I see, thanks for info...now i notice that this camera come with built-in RS-485, does that allow the changing of camera functions and settings remotely, if so just what type controller would be needed and what type connector and wiring would it require...

It did? Normally they dont.

Its an option the USA ones never typically come with, the Blue-i domes are the ones that normally have that.

Yes you should be able to connect it to DVRs and Keypads etc. using Pelco Protocol.

Or to this:

http://cnbusa.com/en/html/product/product.php?seqx_prod=1185

I never tested the feature, but it would be cat5 and if using multiple cameras, CNB recommend daisy chaining with the last equipment in the chain properly terminated. Here is a doc CNB USA tech support sent me when I asked about it:

http://www.rs-485.com/download/485%20network%20topology.pdf

I believe it has to do with the particular DSP being used. For example, there are different types of Effio DSP's and the menu screens are all the same across different brand names.

If you want to do a little soldering, you can probably connect with RS485 to your cams. When I got mine, they had traces and holes for some sort of header to be soldered in. All the control stuff looked like it was in there, they just needed to break out those connections with a screw-on header or something.