ssnapier

I need a camera recommendation

I am looking for a PTZ camera that will be mounted in an outdoor dome. It needs to be powered off of POE, and it also needs to have a fairly high zoom (greater than 10x optical). Here is the trick... I need it to cost me $1000 or less, and I will be buying several of them. Actually, initially I will only be buying two, but in a few months I will be buying at least 20 if not more.

I would ideally like to find something that plays nice with Mobotix control center, but I am not opposed to using different software as long as I can having motion based recording and playback all in one package. Of course the moboti stuff records direct to a NAS, so if you solution can also do that (even if it requires an extra piece of software instead of new hardware) that would be even better.

Not to sound like a twit or anything, but... are you on glue?

You won't find a *good* analog PTZ with those specs for under $1000... forget a network/PoE (presumably MP) model.

Not to sound like a twit or anything, but... are you on glue?

You won't find a *good* analog PTZ with those specs for under $1000... forget a network/PoE (presumably MP) model.

I knew it was a long shot, but I know there are Panasonic cameras that meet these needs. The problem is that Panasonic stuff doesn't play nice with Mobotix control center, you can view all day long but recording and playback is another story.

My boss is stuck on MxCC because it is free, but I really think we need another software solution that will allow us to use the fantastic cameras that Panasonic offers. Sony makes some good PTZ's in this price range too, but they are not powered by POE which is a must for me. I don't have enough space (or plugs) to deal with additional power supplies, which is why I am seeking a POE powered camera.

there are Panasonic cameras that meet these needs

the only PTZ (not a true ptz) that panasonic do is only a 180 deg pan. (digital) with POE. the cheapest panasonic true 360deg PTZs start at $1500.and there not POE.

like soundy says $1000 for a good PTZ ip is going to be hard even if you get discount for buying 20.

Seriously? I have NS-202A's in my shop right now that I power with POE and they go 350 degrees around. I have also used the HCM581A, which is also POE and pretty dang tough. My only issue with those is the inability of the Mobotix control center... or more specifically the MX Server application to record the stream for playback. The 202 can be found in several places for under $1000 USD, and the 581 is about $800.

Let's forget abotu the price point for a second. Is there any POE powered PTZ camera on the market today that will record direct to a NAS device without an NVR?

My boss is stuck on MxCC because it is free, but I really think we need another software solution that will allow us to use the fantastic cameras that Panasonic offers.

Try the free demos from Exacq and Avigilon, and then show him the features and functionality. I have the Panasonic 502. It's an excellent camera, and it plays nice with both Exacq and Avigilon.

Best,

Christopher

Axis have outdoor PTZ's for around that price, no POE though. I think the problem you are going to run into with POE, especially with outdoor PTZ's is the juice requirements