Hello,

I had to change the Admin password for the AVerMedia AVerDiGi SEB3104H recorder for a customer.

After I pressed 'save' the user list became empty. I tried adding new Admin user, but that didn't work either.

After reboot, the systems asks to log on. None of the previously used combinations nor the default are accepted. I tried turning off the device and removing the on-board battery. After 10 minutes the battery was reinstalled and the the device turned on, but it still didn't accept the default credentials.

I have downloaded the latest firmware and successfully updated the device. This didn't help either.

The technical support doesn't react fast enough and I need to get this done quickly (have been struggling for 3 days by now).

Any help is welcome! Please help!

Hello,

I had to change the Admin password for the AVerMedia AVerDiGi SEB3104H recorder for a customer.

After I pressed 'save' the user list became empty. I tried adding new Admin user, but that didn't work either.

After reboot, the systems asks to log on. None of the previously used combinations nor the default are accepted. I tried turning off the device and removing the on-board battery. After 10 minutes the battery was reinstalled and the the device turned on, but it still didn't accept the default credentials.

I have downloaded the latest firmware and successfully updated the device. This didn't help either.

The technical support doesn't react fast enough and I need to get this done quickly (have been struggling for 3 days by now).

Any help is welcome! Please help!

am not a big fan of giving out Passwords. ... what passwords have you been using and which one did you use when you first set the DVR up.

Admin / 111111

Admin1 / 031965 (tried to create this after the Admin disappeared)

Admin / 784836 (this is the one that was set before I tried to change anything)

admin / admin (just to try)

Admin / 123456

Admin / 111111

Admin1 / 031965 (tried to create this after the Admin disappeared)

Admin / 784836 (this is the one that was set before I tried to change anything)

admin / admin (just to try)

Admin / 123456

can you get in if you use user ? has Admin gone from the menu.

User as the name and 111111 as password?

I will try. Admin was gone from the list, now it is not filling in any username at boot. Should the battery be inserted?

yes put battary back in. (removing it does nothing for the avers) yes user and 111111. see what happends. if you get no were then unplug H/drive and re install firmware update

User / 111111 didn't work.

Put a new battery in it, unplugged hdd from sata and power. Put the USB with firmware. As expected, it booted from USB, recognized that the firmware is recent, boot normally without processing further. Now I see the login screen again.

Currently not. It also was configured with static local ip and I'm not sure that it now will use dhcp all of a sudden.

I have put it on the network now. This is my LAN though, not that of the customer.

Btw, right before the authorization screen pops up, there is some kind of icon of battery on the right of the screen. There is a plus sign in it and a tiny triangle on the side. This is shown for 1 or 2 seconds. I was hoping this is somehow an indicator of the on board battery, but after I inserted a new one, it still the same...

Local office of avermedia doesn't pick up the phone... Frustration!!)

I gave it a username Admin1 and a password.

After I pressed Add, it didn't appear in the list of users. I was stupid enough to reboot it. Though I don't think it would work with any software, since the credentials were messed up...

I have te same problem!!!

I tried to create a new user and all the users desapeared.

Now I have read it suports 2 users this seem s to be the problem.

Have you solved the problem?

I have te same problem!!!

I tried to create a new user and all the users desapeared.

Now I have read it suports 2 users this seem s to be the problem.

Have you solved the problem?

quick way is to load new software on the SEB. latest is 07/2011

The problem persists

It does not recognize the user "Admin"

How I can completely reset the DVR?

Thanks

did you do software or firmware ??? also which password are you using.

Sorry I have made a firmware update

Where can I download the software?

How can I do to load the new software?

which password are you using ??

Admin 111111

and admin 1234

PM sent. if you still have problems after that. then you need to PM me the S/ number from the back of your DVR. to generate a new password.

I hate to add a me too to this, but I am going through the same hell.

Already emailed the ever helpful Aver Surveillance site which came back with Admin 111111.

I mean seriously, my cat could give me a better response.

I bounced that back to them two days ago seeking PIN generation for the Admin@0000 login and have received no help.

--Thanks for any help possible

Fimware version is 3.04.08.00.07

Tried all same combos as above and battery etc.

--Mike