Sign in to follow this  
Colm

Fibre optic cable

Is it possible to run a camera through a fibre optic cable with stuff already on the cable?

Is it possible to run a camera through a fibre optic cable with stuff already on the cable?

colm. can i just point out this post and your others. YOU are asking for help and advice. your PM to me makes no sence at all. YOUR asking for advice. but you dont like it when we give advice to others

If a strand of fiber is used, then it's used.

You could possibly put a switch on each end of the fiber though depending on what's already on it. Any idea what's using the fiber already? And is it an analog or IP camera you want to stick on it?

Hi Chris its an analogue camera, not sure whats on it yet, thanks for replying so quick

colm. can i just point out this post and your others. YOU are asking for help and advice. your PM to me makes no sence at all. YOUR asking for advice. but you dont like it when we give advice to others

Yeah Tom I am a security company who does this type of work, the guy that was looking to know everything about what camera system to put inn to fitting it, if am not mistaken?, now apart from hammering out local security companies like the one that quoted him your going and putting a man's life at risk. ever heard of bringing in the experts?

I have done alarms systems, door access, fire systems, electrical and all the rest of it, now doing a bit of CCTV cause I know all about terminating wires/ running wires/ ect. and programming so was able to come on here and get advice from the pro's to get info or even help complete a job but to just tell some shop owner or what ever he is to start buying and fitting his own camera system is beyond me