woltert1

Advice on new system

I am looking for any suggestions on a new system. First I called a local cctv installer and had them come in and give me a quote for a system. I just got laid off from work so I can't afford to have them do the system. I have researched and come up with this for a system, which is close to what the cctv company used. Same brand just different size in camera 16 instead of 9.

Everfocus ECOR264 16x4/1T DVR

Everfocus EHD500IR x 5 out door for around the house

Looking at the Everfocus ED610 or the ED335 x6 indoor.

I am not sure on the inside cameras which to use, but I think the outside choice will be ok.

My budget is around $2600.00 Max. The above system is around $2550 shipped with power supply, coax, and connectors.

I will be networking the system for internet viewing, and hooking it to my alarm system also. Any other suggestion would be much appreciated.

I never worked with Everfocus product line.. but I can suggest CBC America - one of the oldest surveillance equipment manufacturers in the industry... - http://computarganz.com/product_catalog.cfm?catalog_id=2

Most of their products come with full three years warranty and support is excellent...

Your budget is decent - and it should give you 16 channel DVR and all the cameras, including the accessories - cables, connectors, power supply, etc...

If you want a quote, let me know..

I never worked with Everfocus product line.. but I can suggest CBC America - one of the oldest surveillance equipment manufacturers in the industry... - http://computarganz.com/product_catalog.cfm?catalog_id=2

Most of their products come with full three years warranty and support is excellent...

Your budget is decent - and it should give you 16 channel DVR and all the cameras, including the accessories - cables, connectors, power supply, etc...

After doing a lot of reading on the forum I think that I have changed my mind. I will be putting up motion activated flood lights around the house, so I will not need the IR cameras. I will instead use a DTN camera and with the savings be able to get more outside cameras. I looked at the CNB VCM-24VF, and am trying to decide on the inside cameras. I definitely need 5 outside cameras but would like to get 6 or 7 and 6 indoor but not sure which one to use still any suggestions. The dvr needs to be easy to use and set up with good unlimited tech support, I would also like as large of a hard drive that my budget will allow and would like to record in the highest resolution possible. I was going to use a 12vdc power supply but now am thinking of using a 24vdc instead. Also can someone tell me if I should still use the rg59 siamese 18/2 or use the cat5e, if I use the cat5e can I run the video and power in the same line or do I still have to run rg59.

I will be putting the system in a closet by the laundry room on a shelf and the cable runs will be the longest of 80-90ft and closest will be 15-20ft.

I thought that I was sure of the system, but now I have too many questions. Also anyone that would like to give me a quote is welcome to send it to my email. I will bb purchasing the system in the next week or two at the most.

After doing a lot of reading on the forum I think that I have changed my mind. I will be putting up motion activated flood lights around the house, so I will not need the IR cameras. I will instead use a DTN camera and with the savings be able to get more outside cameras. I looked at the CNB VCM-24VF, and am trying to decide on the inside cameras. I definitely need 5 outside cameras but would like to get 6 or 7 and 6 indoor but not sure which one to use still any suggestions. The dvr needs to be easy to use and set up with good unlimited tech support, I would also like as large of a hard drive that my budget will allow and would like to record in the highest resolution possible. I was going to use a 12vdc power supply but now am thinking of using a 24vdc instead. Also can someone tell me if I should still use the rg59 siamese 18/2 or use the cat5e, if I use the cat5e can I run the video and power in the same line or do I still have to run rg59.

I will be putting the system in a closet by the laundry room on a shelf and the cable runs will be the longest of 80-90ft and closest will be 15-20ft.

I thought that I was sure of the system, but now I have too many questions. Also anyone that would like to give me a quote is welcome to send it to my email. I will bb purchasing the system in the next week or two at the most.

i have several VCM-24Vfs and find them to be excellent cameras, and they are very affordable, you would probably pay 3 to 4 times for a well known maker Sony, Panasonic, that you will pay for these...and the VCMs have all the bells and whistles...

and yes you can run power and video in a Cat5e cable...

you shouldn't have a problem running either cables at the distances of which you speak....

as far as the cameras, based on what i have discovered, most from talking with others on this site, is that you should avoid cameras with built-in IR, always go the separate route...

i have several VCM-24Vfs and find them to be excellent cameras, and they are very affordable, you would probably pay 3 to 4 times for a well known maker Sony, Panasonic, that you will pay for these...and the VCMs have all the bells and whistles...

and yes you can run power and video in a Cat5e cable...

you shouldn't have a problem running either cables at the distances of which you speak....

as far as the cameras, based on what i have discovered, most from talking with others on this site, is that you should avoid cameras with built-in IR, always go the separate route...

Now I am not sure if I should rethink the whole system and go with a hvr if it can be found in my price range and stay with the analog cameras for now and upgrade as I can later. Also if I use flood lights where do I now put the cameras. Originally I was going to put the cameras on all corners of the house, but now when I add the lights where do I put the cameras.

The inside of the house is another question still of the cameras to use.

I would expand the budget a little if I need to but would like to really stay at the $2,600.00 mark.

I would keep it simple if its just short runs as you mentioned, pull some RG59 siamese and be done with it, pull a cat5 the same time if you want. Now you have 18AWG power cable and cat5 for future upgrades.

So you just need some BNCs. Wait .. ok hold that thought. You might not know how to put a BNC on properly, so cat5 with baluns would be easier. Still run an 18AWG cable though.

Well its either 12VDC or 24VAC and that depends on which cameras are used. For your short distances it wont matter but if using cat5 for power then try to use 24VAC.

I would keep it simple if its just short runs as you mentioned, pull some RG59 siamese and be done with it, pull a cat5 the same time if you want. Now you have 18AWG power cable and cat5 for future upgrades.

So you just need some BNCs. Wait .. ok hold that thought. You might not know how to put a BNC on properly, so cat5 with baluns would be easier. Still run an 18AWG cable though.

Well its either 12VDC or 24VAC and that depends on which cameras are used. For your short distances it wont matter but if using cat5 for power then try to use 24VAC.

What about the dvr? Should I use a dvr or try to get a hvr for the amount of money for the budget? I want a 16ch either way. I think I will use the cnb vfc-24vf for the outside if you have any suggestions for the inside I am all ears.

I guess that this whole thing is back ward. I should show the layout first. The eve height is 8'9" to 9' from ground to bottom of eve. The bushes in back and front of house will be cut down lower. As I said I will be putting in flood lights on all 4 corners and at least 5 cameras around the house or more if I can.

We have an alarm system an old APEX destiny which works good, but we have been broke into several times. They pushed the windows in even though we have pins and locks. So now comes the camera system.

783833124_Frontcornertobaywindow.JPG.56bf343d500480c8de733e13aa394daf.JPG

1722835571_Leftreartospacorner.JPG.9cc1c732f91f005a1dc0ca4c28658dbe.JPG

2111064890_FrontWCarportRightfront.JPG.d9bed83823b982e71ad89698a4e4157e.JPG

i am gonna guess that they are getting in through the windows that have the trees near them, those trees have to go, they provide a easy spot to hide, the first thing i did around my home was to cut down any trees that offered a place to hide....

do you have any signs displayed, advertising your security system, we have ADT at our home, one sign in front of home and one in back, plus our homes cameras are visible, so the way i see it is, that they are gonna have to be one dumb MF to think about hitting our house...

when there are other homes in the neighborhood that have zero protective layers....

i have been thinking about the FogShield system, just in case they get in...

http://www.fogshield.com/

i am gonna guess that they are getting in through the windows that have the trees near them, those trees have to go, they provide a easy spot to hide, the first thing i did around my home was to cut down any trees that offered a place to hide....

do you have any signs displayed, advertising your security system, we have ADT at our home, one sign in front of home and one in back, plus our homes cameras are visible, so the way i see it is, that they are gonna have to be one dumb MF to think about hitting our house...

when there are other homes in the neighborhood that have zero protective layers....

i have been thinking about the FogShield system, just in case they get in...

http://www.fogshield.com/

Thought of adding this though. http://www.specotech.com/cart/products/downloads/specs/ddak1.pdf

In my neighborhood I think it might do better for me. I have a nosy neighbor so if I am not home he will look to see what is happening.

the first thing i did around my home was to cut down any trees that offered a place to hide....

Yeah Me too, don't forget the razor wire and and cluster bomb tripwires. " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" />

Cutting down all the trees was a bit extreme wasn't it? I thought I was over the top having a PTZ camera at home. Just depends on the problem you are trying to protect against. One thing I truly agree with you on is that OVERT is good let the SOBs see your cameras and likely it will put off all but the most determined intruders

THEN JUST SHOOT THE B*RST*RDS.

PS I have a mix of overt and covert cameras in case they do decide to try and get in.

guantanamo-1.jpg

working around razor wire is a pain, I do it all the time ... but working around thugs trying to chap you with a machete is even worse

the first thing i did around my home was to cut down any trees that offered a place to hide....

Yeah Me too, don't forget the razor wire and and cluster bomb tripwires. " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" />

Cutting down all the trees was a bit extreme wasn't it? I thought I was over the top having a PTZ camera at home. Just depends on the problem you are trying to protect against. One thing I truly agree with you on is that OVERT is good let the SOBs see your cameras and likely it will put off all but the most determined intruders

THEN JUST SHOOT THE B*RST*RDS.

PS I have a mix of overt and covert cameras in case they do decide to try and get in.

guantanamo-1.jpg

nothing extreme about what i did.....

when i said i cut down trees around my house, i clearly stated, "

the first thing i did around my home was to cut down any trees that offered a place to hide...."

you see, that is why it is so important to R-E-A-D a post before commenting on it....

anyone who is involved with security will surely confirm my beliefs that trees covering/blocking a window , could be used by those who have an intent to break into a home...