Sign in to follow this  
liveinxs

Everfocus????

hello all,

now that i have the camera part of my system resolved, it is time to move onto the DVR, now i had originally wanted to go with the CNB HDS4824, 16 Channels DVR, but after having read about the EverFocus ECOR264-16X1, i am now some-what back to zero...

of course i don't want to waste time or money, so i am turning to you guys for your input, would anyone have any info or opinions on the CNB, or EverFocus DVRs or their line of DVRs...

so my head don't explode , please don't recommend any other brands, as i feel these two represent just what i am looking for, i just need some opinions on the CNB and EverFocus lines, possibly specifically these models...

below is a links to the DVRs i was looking at:

CNB,

http://www.cnbusa.com/en/html/product/product.php?seqx_prod=1116

EverFocus,

http://www.everfocus.com/product.cfm?productid=179

thanks for any help....

Sorry I can't help with these as I have tried neither, but the spec looks very good. Obviously you have given this a lot of thought. Until you used the brand you have no idea what customer support is like, but I often find the supplier offers better support than the manufacturer. I usually fit what has been supplied and so when something does go wrong, my first port of call is now always the retail supplier. They often know more than the manufacturer themselves, but not always.

It drives me mad when I phone for support and you can tell that the person on the phone is bored I like enthusiastic support from people that really don't treat you like an idiot.

Whatever you finally choose, my fingers are crossed for you.

PS Don't cut down any more trees will ya?

on the spec of both. the everfocus is a better FPS at D1 unit. both mac and pc viewing. CNB only being 3fps which is low for that sort of money.

I can only say this. I've had an Everfocus 4 channel DVR for 3 1/2 years (an "EDVR4D1" model). It has worked perfectly thus far.

I have been shopping for another DVR to possibly add more cameras. I think I would only buy Everfocus or Samsung (www.samsung-security.com).

Good luck.