Sign in to follow this  
Marky48170

650TVL Sony-Effio-E IR Weatherproof camera

I bought one of these cameras to add to my system. I'm currently using 2 wireless astak 900mhz cameras and a DVR. The wireless looks alot better than the Effio camera does wired. And at night I can barely see anything at all. ( there is only alittle light @ night around my house ) The instructions are very vage to say the least, I'm still trying to learn what to set all the on screen functions to. If anybody can give any suggestion that would help alot. I wish I would of found this forum before I bought any of system... Buy the way great forum I hope to learn alot !!!

This is very unusual because the wired Effio camera should blow away your astak cameras in all aspects so if you are having problems then your camera is either defective or there is something wrong in your setup.

When comparing them:

#1 Did you use the same monitor

#2 Use the same DVR

#3 Did you try a short testing cable just to hook up the camera to the DVR for testing purposes. Perhaps your cable is bad or is too long and not getting enough power.

Try factory defaulting the Effio camera and that should give you decent settings. I am not sure who you bought that camera from and not all cameras with the Effio chip in them are made alike but even the cheapest made Effio camera should be better than the Astak cameras you can get at Walmart.

Please provide as much detail as possible about your setup including cable used, monitor used, dvr used, etc.

Well I look somemore on these forums and found alot of information. I made adjustments to the camera and DVR and Wow what a difference. I used the shorter cable ( like you said to )with a 7 in LCD and the picture was great, then I hooked it back up to my DVR and made adjustment from there. The picture is sharper, clearer and even at night I can see alot more clearity from this camera. It looks like I'm going to buy another one of these camera for my setup. Thanks for the help, will be lurking around alot to get more information. Thanks again !!