raft

GeoVision SDK .....

Want to customize Geo remote view.

Geo web-site only states that they provide it, but the have no SDK files in download section.

Does anyone know where I can get it?

You have to be approved by GeoVision in order to obtain it, in addition you have to pay for it.

scottj

or you can just use their activeX and design your own web page from that, or program, but id recommend going the SDK route as their ActiveX is really hard to work with ...

do you just want to change the images and look? if so, you can edit the images etc on the geo machine itself

The folder structure is simple to follow and images are easy to find and replace

sal

http://www.digitalwatchguard.com

I am trying to solve a similar problem, so I will "revive" this topic...

I have a computer with a GV-600 card and GV System installed. I would like to develop a utility running in the background on the same computer. This utility would do some processing based on the image got from certain cameras at certain intervals.

My first idea was to use an open source driver for the GV-600 card and get the image directly from the card. This works, but unfortunately I cannot have two different drivers installed at the same time for the same device, so either my driver is installed and the GV System is not working, or my utility doesn't work with the GV driver.

Right now I am thinking about a different solution: install the GV System in the normal way and query the image of the cameras using the SDK or one of the ActiveX components. Does anybody know which way would it be easier? Is there any documentation about this?

Thank you in advance!

taurus

I am using a special image recognition algorithm that has to recognize certain patterns on the image. The concept is similar to that of the license plate number recognition.

So what I need, is the raw pixel data at a rate of 1-2 images/sec. When I say image, I am really talking about snapshots or frames or still images. The problem is that at the same time the camera functions as surveillance, so all the standard functionality present in DV System has to be available.

The algorithm that I would like to use is already implemented in a stand-alone application written in C++. This application would run in the background and do its processing automatically (and in certain situations send data to COM1). I would not like to rewrite the application in another language. So the question is how do I get images from the GV System and input them to my application? It can be through COM, through a file, through a TCP/IP socket on the localhost etc.

I don't know much about GV System. Can it be controlled by a script somehow in order to save the actual image of certain cameras every second in .bmp or .jpg format? This would be the most convenient for me, as my application currently takes a .bmp as input. If this is not feasible, can I use one of the ActiveX components given by GeoVision to "query" the actual image?

it saves the video in folders by camera number and date, in AVI format.

Example:

D:\GEO\cam01\1021

D:\GEO\cam01\1022

and a file could look like this if using motion recording:

Event20051021120417001.avi

That's a good idea, but I think it's quite had to take out certain frames from .avi files. I would like to have an easier way of getting snapshots...

Does the app require real time access to the video, or would viewing it after the fact work as well? Does the security system fall under the heading of "mission critical"?

Although for my application it is sufficient to check the actual image 1 or 2 times per second, it requires real time access, as it is sending an alarm to COM1 based on what's happening.

Run the signal through a splitter. Feed the Geovision machine and your app on seperate machines. Someone can suggest a low end card from which you can get an SDK and altar your app to get the input from the card.

I was more thinking about a low-cost software solution. In the solution proposed by you, I would need a lot of additional hardware: a multiplexer, another computer and another a card. This is way over my budget. What I need is to get the image from the GeoVision software.

Your other option is to grab it via directX if possible. But what exactly are you trying to do, we may be able to recommend something to do what you want.

taurus: Could you post the name of the opensource component?

I'm trying to use the livex component which is with the webcam server.

Francisco.

Pd: Thomas, is it possible to use directx to get the stream from the GV600?