Sign in to follow this  
njinstallation

camera problem

ive got a 4 way avtech, with 4 cams, was working ok untill i added a fourth camera, now 2 of the cameras have got coloured lines going through them, when i diconnect all the cameras they are ok when only one is connected

any ideas

1224038393_camfault.jpg.890e7329676bad18472f5c805abdc531.jpg

no 2 power supplies but even if i attach 2 that are of 1 psu i get 1 good picture and 1 with coloured lines on it ?

Hi i would also say power. what size power supply are you using and what cameras do you have.

i have to go with a power issue, i had the same problem, i had two cameras wires running through the same hole, apparently there was interference caused by a bad cable, once i separated the cables, each in its own hole, the problem went away...

Go direct to the worse camera, camera 4 for example, put a monitor on it, and see how it looks.

If its still a bad image, then power the camera right there on its own power supply, and see how it is then.

This will at least let you know if its a power or video issue and if the DVR is involved.

Since you mentioned 2.5A DC and cat5 though - If you can, run 18awg loosely from that 2.5A power supply direct to the camera and see if it fixes the problem.

bosch dome cameras, 2.5 amp 24v psu the problem started when i added 1 camera used cat 5 for power , i will swap this out for flex and see what happens.

Hi. if 2.5amp is the total for 4 cameras that may be too low. bosh 24v are 700ma each. plus looking at your image you have cameras front and back of your home. you also need to take cable lenth into account. (voltage drop)