Sign in to follow this  
HAL_9000

Sharp CCD and Sony CCD difference

I am considering to buy some quantity of cameras from Cantonk in China . Models with Sharp CCD and 580 tv lines are 10 $ cheaper then ones with 480 TVL Sony ccd .

Is really so big difference in picture quality?

hi, Cantonk is located in Guangzhou, why they told you sharp ccd with 480tvl?

By now sharp often does low resolution CCD with 420TVL. BTW, Sony CCD with 420TVL is $8.0 higher than Sharp.

Which resolution you should select depends on what kind of cameras you want to buy, and where to use them. So you can tell the seller your requirement, then they give your best solution.

Any question about security camera, I'd like to help you

Color config of Sharp is bad on side by side with a Sony 420. Also, noise at night is terrible. Maybe they've improved recently, last I used a Sharp was about 1.5 years ago.

hi, Cantonk is located in Guangzhou, why they told you sharp ccd with 480tvl?

By now sharp often does low resolution CCD with 420TVL. BTW, Sony CCD with 420TVL is $8.0 higher than Sharp.

Which resolution you should select depends on what kind of cameras you want to buy, and where to use them. So you can tell the seller your requirement, then they give your best solution.

Any question about security camera, I'd like to help you

No, they offer 580 TVL Sharp CCD at about same price is 420 TVL Sony CCD

Buy Sony CCD, you will wish you had.

Sharp is for people that just want to see something and dont care what it looks like.

ok, thanks

We are buying cameras for sale and problem with end users is they always look at the TV lines and probably will buy camera with more TVL instead of better picture.

Regards from Croatia

As I am pretty new in this area I hope that you wouldn't mind if I ask You for some advice from time to time.