Graeme

Dome Camera - Odd Power Connection

Hi guys,

I dont have a lot of information about these cameras as they were given to me (sounds like I stole them but it's above board )

Anyway my problem is this.. The power cable/connector coming from the camera is a DC plug similar to below

21027_2.jpg

I would have expected it to be a DC socket since I can't find (and have never seen) a DC power source in which the output is a socket.

I have managed to botch a new cable together to get the camera working as a test but i would like to have leads which are either made for the job or at least better than what I have done.

The cameras are almost identical to what you find if you search on ebay for.. "dome cctv" except the ones on there appear to have a red phono like cable which is a DC socket.

I guess its that cable that I need but so far I haven't seen anyone selling just the cables on their own.

Any help you guys can offer would be great.. I can supply pictures and as much info as I have from the boxes if needed.

Thanks

Graeme

I suppose I could chop a couple of DC extension leads which would give me nice and tidy sockets..

man i got tons of those lying around here, all kinds of ends .. anyway, check radio shack. Personally we splice the wires together. You can also use just follow the power colors directly into the dome and wire the power wire from the DVR direct into the dome terminals, or .... buy a terminal strip, cut it so there are 2 screws on each side, then just join the wires into that. Rat shack has the terminal strips ..

electric tape and beanies are a friend when working with bullets and domes with these type of power leads. If you really want to make it neat and have enough time, use some shrink tube.

Center is positive and braid is negative .. meter the power wire before you connect to keep the polarity the same.

Rory

PS. i was reading yall got hacked last week, what was up with that? Catch the spammers?

One of the sites set up to promote Firefox was compromised. It looks from the logs that they got a list of e-mail addresses. The main Mozilla/Firefox sites weren't affected (they are in a differant datacenter.)