sicctv

Window Reflection

Hello,

I just installed a system at a friends condo and his estate did not allow us to mount anything outside the condo and he wanted his car on camera so what we did was mount a camera inside his house facing outside in front of a window. I thought the problem would be the IR at night, but that works fine. The problem is the reflection from the lights and tv inside the house. Does anybody know a way to prevent the reflection on the window? I looked up on google and they have film to put on the window to prevent glares, but I figured i would ask on here first to see if anybody has ran into a issue like this before.

Thank you!

1. Put the camera outside.

2. Remove the glass (or open the window).

3. Put a cover over the camera to seal it up against the glass, or some other way to block the light.

so do you think his estates would not let him put the camera outside because we would be drilling into the actual place, or do you think it is because they dont allow recording of your own for privacy of other tenants.. i am going to look into that with them... also i never thought of just mounting the camera to the windows using like a suction cup or something.. but i do not understand step 3. what do you mean by put a cover over the camera to press it on the glass? can you please explain this with more detail as this will be very helpful in the future. thanks so much!

need to have the camera right up against the glass so you dont see any reflection. Maybe put some kind of black rubber or foam around it and tape that to the window?

i assume your technique is for cameras that are for indoor recording. i am talking about having a camera indoors facing outside of a window to look outside at their cars.

the light i am talking about that is reflecting is light from inside the house glaring off the window into the camera thats mounted right in front of it inside