Sign in to follow this  
ludshed

Anyone with linux box dvr card knowledge?

I've searched countless weeks and cant find any good answers. I've found that most pc based cctv solutions don't last. Mainly because if the customer wants remote access (which is always) you have to open a handful of ports for complete functionality which in turn the pc gets hacked and runs slower and slower until it crashes. So I want to start playing with linux solutions. Have any of you used any or even know anything about any cards worth a darn that are linux based? I dont care which flavour of linux. But would be nice if it ran in the linux enviorment and could be accessed by linux and windows. Any Ideas.

Thanks

Why not ditch PC cards altogether and just get standalones. Most standalones nowadays are comparable and often better and easier than PC based systems.

Why not ditch PC cards altogether and just get standalones. Most standalones nowadays are comparable and often better and easier than PC based systems.

I do currently use stand alones. But they are obsolete. And besides they dont have the complete functionality and ability for customization (mixing of analog and IP's, importing remote locations, real time off-site backup, advanced software for biometrics, marketing trends).