need2shave

Q See Professional DVR - is it Dahua???

I recently saw Q-See is offering professional grade dvrs which record at 30fps at D1 resolution on each channel. The 16 channel dvr is the qt526-1....anyone know if this is a dahua dvr? If so, do any other dahua distributors carry it?

This DVR "QT526-1" is quoted all over the internet as being able to record 30fps on all 16 channels. Although nowhere does it say the max frame rate is 480. Does anyone here have this recorder? If so how will it record... only a couple of channels at a time at 30fps, 4 channels at once at 30fps... I would almost bet that it will not do all 16 channels at once running them at 30fps.

now I know some on here will jump in and say: "why do you want to record at 30fps when only 15 is needed?".... This is not the point... The question is what is the maximum "total" frame rate?

Thanks to all!

I don't know if this helps, but here are a few facts and an educated guess...

Q-See's marketing info for the QT526-1 indicates that the DVR does D1 @ 30fps on all 16 channels. "The QT526 features real-time, broadcast-quality D1 video recording and playback which delivers large (704x480 pixels), clear images with 30 frames-per-second smooth motion." and "System captures video in real-time, broadcast-quality D1 704x480 pixel resolution at a rate of 30 frames per second (per camera)".

The QT526 looks like it's the TVT TD-2516HE.

The TD-2516HE marketing info says "Standard 4/8/16CH real time D1 recording."

I can confirm that the QT-528 will simultaneously record D1 @ 30fps on all 8 channels (240fps) (as well as a CIF sub-stream for each channel).

The QT526 and QT528 both seem to run the same firmware per Q-See's web site.

Taken together, I would think that the QT526-1 will simultaneously record D1 @ 30fps on all 16 channels (480fps). No guarantees, of course, until you try it!

-Bill

Q-See's marketing info for the QT526-1 indicates that the DVR does D1 @ 30fps on all 16 channels. "The QT526 features real-time, broadcast-quality D1 video recording and playback which delivers large (704x480 pixels), clear images with 30 frames-per-second smooth motion." and "System captures video in real-time, broadcast-quality D1 704x480 pixel resolution at a rate of 30 frames per second (per camera)".

I can confirm that the QT-528 will simultaneously record D1 @ 30fps on all 8 channels (240fps) (as well as a CIF sub-stream for each channel).

Taken together, I would think that the QT526-1 will simultaneously record D1 @ 30fps on all 16 channels (480fps). No guarantees, of course, until you try it!

-Bill

Thank you soooo much for the reply Bill......

I have been looking at these two QC recorders for a long time and actually ordered the 526 only later to cancel it due to the lack of specifics...

Can you tell me how you like the 528? Are the user screens modern and does the machine do all that you want it to do or what all is advertised? I wanted to buy the stand alone 526 and purchase the better cameras from recommendation on here. What do you think about that? Any "likes/dislikes" you are willing to share would be much appreciated...

Oh one more thing,,, why do you mention the TVT TD-2516HE?

Mini

HI. I responded to your post shown below here. Any info you can give to help would be appreciated.... Thanks

-Bill