sharath83

Information on Dome and IR Cameras

Hi All,

I am doing research on CCTV cameras and would appreciate if you can help me answer the following questions

1) What are the security camera attributes that customers usually look for? (eg: Resolution)

2) Is color optimization (to adjust the degree of Blue or Red in a picture) an important criteria in selecting a camera?

3) What are the top 5 brands in the cctv camera market for Dome and IR cameras?

4) Are cameras sold As is or bundled with other products during sale? What are the products with which the cameras are bundled?

5) If you were to search for a IR or Dome Camera in google what are the terms you would typically use for the searching?

Your answers would help us in our research. We appreciate your help.

Regards

Hi All,

I am doing research on CCTV cameras and would appreciate if you can help me answer the following questions

1) What are the security camera attributes that customers usually look for? (eg: Resolution)

All customers are different in what they want in a camera... or what they think they want/need. The job of an integrator is to determine what their SECURITY needs are, and then recommend the proper cameras and equipment to address those needs.

2) Is color optimization (to adjust the degree of Blue or Red in a picture) an important criteria in selecting a camera?

You mean is it important to have that setting available? Not to me... I don't think I've ever used it, in 8+ years in this business and thousands of cameras installed. On cameras that DO have the option, I find the "auto white balance" setting works just fine.

3) What are the top 5 brands in the cctv camera market for Dome and IR cameras?

In what price range?

(Cameras with built-in IR, BTW, most often tend to be cheap junk cameras with poor low-light performance that use the IR to compensate for that shortcoming... so "top brands" in that category is largely irrelevant).

4) Are cameras sold As is or bundled with other products during sale? What are the products with which the cameras are bundled?

Besides a DVR, what else WOULD one bundle a camera with? Buy a camera, get a free puppy?

Given that there is no one-size-fits-all camera and cameras should be chosen depending on specific needs for *each view*, camera/DVR bundles really aren't a good way to start.

5) If you were to search for a IR or Dome Camera in google what are the terms you would typically use for the searching?

"url:cctvforum.com"

Your answers would help us in our research. We appreciate your help.

What sort of research is this?