videoVIP

"Cheap Camera Syndrome"?

Cool comparisons Rory!

Every application has its needs. If your up close and personal, you may get away with a cheaper camera as your already close enough to the subject. The other end of the issue is the recording side. Anything you use that starts with a better image will end up with a better image, because remember every DVR compresses the video. So if you compress crappy video, your really going to see the artifacts afterward.

But, what do you get with good cameras? Colors are true, the greens are green, the reds are red, and the blues are blue. Lines are crisp and clean. All of the shot is in focus, unlike some cheap-o cameras where only the center of the screen is clear. On Screen programming of Lens/Iris, Backlight, Masking, Etc.

We run a variety of cameras, but we don't make the decision for the client, we let them make the decision. We spec in Panasonic (We are a Panasonic Gold Dealer), usually both IP and Analog, and then also spec in some entry level stuff like ICRealtime. Anytime we do a shootout, with something like Panasonic vs. ICRealtime, the Panasonic wins hands down every time, but not everybody can afford the top of the line.

However, for us this is a business, and that business is providing quality security solutions. You won't catch us using a $30 bullet camera, and if a client simply can't afford some quality, we walk away from the project. I can't tell you how many Costco Q-See systems we have pulled out or Online Box Sales that a client paid $1,500 for a kit and was robbed/burglarized and the video did ZERO justice.

Cool comparisons Rory!

We run a variety of cameras, but we don't make the decision for the client, we let them make the decision. We spec in Panasonic (We are a Panasonic Gold Dealer), usually both IP and Analog, and then also spec in some entry level stuff like ICRealtime. Anytime we do a shootout, with something like Panasonic vs. ICRealtime, the Panasonic wins hands down every time, but not everybody can afford the top of the line.

However, for us this is a business, and that business is providing quality security solutions. You won't catch us using a $30 bullet camera, and if a client simply can't afford some quality, we walk away from the project. I can't tell you how many Costco Q-See systems we have pulled out or Online Box Sales that a client paid $1,500 for a kit and was robbed/burglarized and the video did ZERO justice.

I love the Pano domes... I've yet to run across another dome camera that's built as heavily as the Panasonics.