Hi, recently installed an RF mod. for the customer wanted to see the cctv through the TV's in the house, so the took the feed out of the tv splitter put it in to the modulator and feed it back again, and it didn't work... does the tv splitter/boaster need to be one of the special ones for contributing cctv/digital tv down one cable? think there called a distributor box?

Thanks again in advance

Hi, recently installed an RF mod. for the customer wanted to see the cctv through the TV's in the house, so the took the feed out of the tv splitter put it in to the modulator and feed it back again, and it didn't work... does the tv splitter/boaster need to be one of the special ones for contributing cctv/digital tv down one cable? think there called a distributor box?

Thanks again in advance

Antenna comes into Splitter box.....this is where your modulator should go, inline between antenna and splitter, make sure you buy a Modulator with Gain pot like Labgear.

The other thing is a loftbox, again there is a CCTV input on it but you still need to hook modulator into it and again turn the gain down on it as most are set to high causing lot problems

Thanks again in advance

Antenna comes into Splitter box.....this is where your modulator should go, inline between antenna and splitter, make sure you buy a Modulator with Gain pot like Labgear.

The other thing is a loftbox, again there is a CCTV input on it but you still need to hook modulator into it and again turn the gain down on it as most are set to high causing lot problems

Yeah so the coax from the antenna goes into the modulator and feeds back into the splitter where the antenna was?

And do away with the splitter/boaster thats already there with the loft box in its place?

Yes

Scrap the splitter / booster thats there already and fit the loftbox in its place, rem they are F type plugs on loft box same as satelite connections not TV plugs thats probably already on there

They are a better and tider way of TV Dist and getting your CCTV inline

Thanks Neutech and Tom, I dont understand ...isn't sky digital ? I wired out of the rf-out in the sky box to the rf modulator and on to the tv and it tuned in fine, thats how i initially set it up here at home b4 bringing it on site

Thanks Neutech and Tom, I dont understand ...isn't sky digital ? I wired out of the rf-out in the sky box to the rf modulator and on to the tv and it tuned in fine, thats how i initially set it up here at home b4 bringing it on site

but is your cctv signal not analog ?? using a RF-modulator you would plug your camera into it then give it a range or channel number. then it feeds your RF connection on your tv (arial socket) going though your sky box will not allow you to do that. all TVs (at least in the uk) are all digital

The standard for over-the-air signals is now digital (at least in the US?). However, I thought digital mods were expensive? Good thing is, most TVs that have a digital tuner, also receive analog.

Is your modulator digital or analog?

Analog:

41ZYvaqwJqL_AA300_-1.jpg

Digital:

mf709-1.gif

Typically your RF signal from the antenna would feed right through the modulator. No splitters required...

yeah ur rright sorry, the cctv is analogue so will it not work with digital TV ? or through with sky or what do you mean,

Bird man its an analogue mod think the digital ones cost a fortune,

so anyway in the house I was working inn, the TV was on digital freeview and the reason it didnt work with the rf-mod was the boaster/splitter wasn't a loft box, unless you want to run a coax, is that right

RF-modulator ???? will not work on digital TV you cant search for channel.

Majority have Dual tunners so both analog and Digital, sticking a MOD inline and setting up on Analogue works no hassles and dosent effect the digital

RF-modulator ???? will not work on digital TV you cant search for channel.

Majority have Dual tunners so both analog and Digital, sticking a MOD inline and setting up on Analogue works no hassles and dosent effect the digital

on a settop box the arial connection goes into the settop box which inturn connects to your tv via scart. the scart from settop is now digital signal. this will not allow you to pick an analog channel as it needs to be though the RF (tv arial connection on tv)

An RF modulator WILL work, you just have to block out the frequencies or channels you want to rebroadcast. In your case CCTV signal or signals. You have to use a cut filter. What is important, and somewhat of a problem is knowing what frequency range to block out for modulation without interfering with functions or channels that you would like to keep. First you need to find a range that isn't being used, and then purchase a cut filter. This is one that I used, but it is for analog channels.

1771419586_CutFilter.jpg.7a9219b39837dfac31e0b66d0bc454c3.jpg

You can use this setup, or you can figure out what digital frequency to cut and buy a filter and modulator that will work. I used this mod

Product ID: CTMM-10

Supplier: Cabletronix

Description: Single channel digital agile modulator.CTMM10-1.jpg

They also make a 4 channel.

93569106_ScreenHunter_003(Large).thumb.jpg.b08aa6f7a737b3f42f518d3361d08563.jpg

472168603_ScreenHunter_002(Large).thumb.jpg.fca06771f35881c8caa85e616e85e547.jpg

70440332_ScreenHunter_001(Large).thumb.jpg.ac3feb124218cde14649d3eb8427c9e6.jpg

You can use this setup, or you can figure out what digital frequency to cut and buy a filter and modulator that will work. I used this mod

Hi sorry i should point out freeview in the uk is digital air to antena on house. the CTMM-10 is for cable digital or analog.

and the decoding is done either via a set-top box or the digital tv. the signal cant be tapped into before decoding.

DMX20520WITH20MIRROR20AND20DIGITAL20TICK-1.jpg

All this digital over-the-air stuff in the UK sounds complicated...

Here, you get mixed cable - (digital, analog, and/or digital encrypted), satellite, or free HD OTA. OTA antenna as well as cable can be injected into.

Hi sorry i should point out freeview in the uk is digital air to antena on house. the CTMM-10 is for cable digital or analog.

and the decoding is done either via a set-top box or the digital tv. the signal cant be tapped into before decoding.

DMX20520WITH20MIRROR20AND20DIGITAL20TICK-1.jpg

Well, it looks like the Channel Vision Solution on the 3rd page will work then.

Sh!t, you should of seen me pulling my hair out trying to figure out what frequencies Cox cable uses for the digital equipment. (Telephone, Cable, Internet......) of course, tech support doesn't have a clue. Then finding out what cut filters are available. All of that was after I figured out how the modulator and filter worked in the first place, and how to estimate the approximate DB loss through various splitters. I am happy to say, that the install worked like a champ! It better have though, since I was installing it at my girlfriends house

but is your cctv signal not analog ?? using a RF-modulator you would plug your camera into it then give it a range or channel number. then it feeds your RF connection on your tv (arial socket) going though your sky box will not allow you to do that. all TVs (at least in the uk) are all digital

The output from the RF on the skybox is analogue not the SCART so if you have sky eye system in the house or you can watch sky on any TV on a channel in the house you have an analogue Dist splitter then it will work 100% as you have already done DS

No freeview set top boxes wont work but a newer style TV from last few years will work as most are dual tuner

a few senarios -

House A has a no sky or cable TV just antenna on roof

You check each TV and they all have freeview set top boxes

forget it unless you want to buy a Digital modulator @ £500+

House B has Sky TV dish no antenna

You check each TV and they have sky boxes

no use again

House C has a Sky Dish and an antenna

you check each TV and they have an RF cable connected

now you can check for the TV splitter / Dist amp / Loftbox

Modulator will work in this case, if the TV has no set top box but is picking up Freeview Digital select source on TV and switch to analogue and tune a channel into the Modulator

This is all UK based and by 2012 most of the UK will be Digital

If you get stuck speak to local TV Antenna/ equipment supplier and they will keep you right esp if you buy from them

I use a CAI Installer on bigger domestic installs where they might have a mish mash of TV / Satelite etc

as they switched to digital here and a client had issues with their HD channels even before they switched, I just ditched the old RF modulator and ran a separate cable to each TV's AV input. I dont get paid to troubleshoot their Cable HDTV ... Im a CCTV Tech!

Yea, honestly I wouldn't even bother trying to integrate CCTV viewing into a channel anymore unless it is simple analog or digital free over-the-air channels. Plus, you can get away with better quality this way:

For example, take the HDMI-out from your DVR, run it up to a 42" LCD TV. It will look awesome. The high resolution (say 1080i) allows more cameras to be viewed without shrinking them down so much. Then run a cat5 to the room with the TV and control your PTZ's from your bed.

Lads thats great help, fully uunderstand it all now unless there is an RF connection I won't bother,

sounds good running a hdmi cable to the extra tv's didn't realise the cables so cheap, what type do you use- type A to type C cable or what?

Hi Neutech see there the main tv dropped out when i connected the rf-mod up and sent the feed back into the splitter from it, the TV has a built in digital reciever like u said below is this right or was it my dodgy connections or something :q

house C has a Sky Dish and an antenna

Modulator will work in this case, if the TV has no set top box but is picking up Freeview Digital select source on TV and switch to analogue and tune a channel into the Modulator

Hi Neutech see there the main tv dropped out when i connected the rf-mod up and sent the feed back into the splitter from it, the TV has a built in digital reciever like u said below is this right or was it my dodgy connections or something :q

house C has a Sky Dish and an antenna

What type of MOD are you using? the cheap units have no digital loop through on them

Did you switch the source on the TV to analogue and check also what channel are you using on the MOD? you need to watch this also as it might be close to the TV channels in area, go into TV menu and look at tuning and lsit the channels it will give you a preset freq number beside them e.g. BBC1 CH32 etc ,each area transmitter is set up diff frequencies but you can google it and find for the area you are in

HDMI Dist as already mentioned is a method or cheaper way is to drop a RG59 to each TV and use the scart/AV/Phono input on each TV, feed them all back and use a CCTV Splitter amp, one feed from DVR. Normally better quality than MOD method but not always easy to get a cable to every TV required in the House

Where you located?