videoVIP

Seeking high quality/megapixel PTZ IP camera.

This question may have been posed before (I'm about to do a search), but as new cameras are introduced daily, I figure a fresh question on the subject may produce a fresh response:

Client is a high-end marina/yacht club. They need PTZ cameras to watch the docks from the guard house. I have used Axis cams in the past with good luck, but not so confident about their nighttime capabilities. I've read extensively on Mobotix cams, but according to what I've read, they don't seem to do to well at night.

Client already is using a boat-load of cameras, however there are no PTZ's and the cameras cannot adequately see the dock areas at night. There have been a recent rash of boat burglaries conducted by individuals arriving by water in small boats. The dock area is lighted, but it is somewhat dim. The only lights are the walkway lighting and the occasional spreader light on some of the bigger boats.

My idea is to add an NVR and 2 ~ 3 PTZ's. Although this (private) yacht club has buckets of money, of course they want something "affordable". I figure I'll give them a high-end quote and a mid-range quote (with a disclaimer) then let them choose.

Your recommendations are appreciated.

The solution may include other security devices such as motion activated floods or a perimeter beam system (e.g. Optex). I personally have yet to come across an IP PTZ for reasonable cost that is effective in low light conditions, an alternative would be to use a box style IP camera with PT unit and zoom lens.

OK...'nuther question: Will adding IR floods do anything for the image of the Axis cam?

There are plenty of places to wire up IR floods. They can't install regular lighting due to local ordiances.

Hi,

I agree that FLIR would be a good option and even a silent sentinel.... Better made Camera using once piece of metal so that it can acheive a better IP rating, comes with a washer standard for marinas and also can handle 20 metres of water in a reservoir about 20 meters away... I sell these in Australia to coastal installs with plenty of salt spray and Mines and they have the option for thermal as well.. They also use FLIR modules and SONY chipsets so the cameras can perform as well.

Nice product and well designed and built..

http://www.silentsentinel.com

Other then that the SNC-EP580 360 degree or the SNC-EP580 340 Degree.

3MP with the Sony Exmor and 20 x Optical Zoom..

hands down a better camera then AXIS and the other cameras tat mind you use SONY Chips ( but who doesn't ).. Affordable and you would be giving your customer a name though know...

Thanks

MM