Sign in to follow this  
jesuk

Newbie from lincolnshire uk

Hi all

New to site have found browsing informative. I am an electrical contractor from Boston Lincs.

We cover a wide variety of installation work cctv,fire alarms ,intruder alarms, door access using Paxton.cat5e data cabling ect. I am 55 yrs old with a vast experience in electrical installation.

One of my main reasons for registering today is looking for Maxcom Vcl minidin lead key board to matrix. will post this one in another forum.

Hope to be able to give and receive advice to all pleeased to help out if I can

Kind regards

Julian

[edit by mod-please put your site link in your signature not in the post]

Hi all

New to site have found browsing informative. I am an electrical contractor from Boston Lincs.

We cover a wide variety of installation work cctv,fire alarms ,intruder alarms, door access using Paxton.cat5e data cabling ect. I am 55 yrs old with a vast experience in electrical installation.

One of my main reasons for registering today is looking for Maxcom Vcl minidin lead key board to matrix. will post this one in another forum.

Hope to be able to give and receive advice to all pleeased to help out if I can

Kind regards

Julian

Hi julian. i have a few customers over in boston and lincon. i think you may be getting a few service call jobs from us.

i used to use the old VCL domes (still got an 19 year old still working on an install) you will find it much easier to make your din lead. you can get all connectors from RS componants for just under £5. then just follow this pin codeVCL-1.jpg

RS232map-1.gif

Thanks for the welcome, goes a long way. More than pleased to help out with service calls.Thanks for the pin outs for lead the one I am looking for is 5 pin mini din male to male.

I have a site that has several Orbiter golds, I need to make a test rig in workshop to make sure telemetry is ok customer has bought a job lot to extend his site. Would sooner use new but have to go along with it to a degree.

I have looked on Maplin and Rs Farnell etc, but unsure which are the correct din plugs.

If I had the original plugs would make it easier but working from the female side not as easy, that goes to say with human variety too lol.

Any ideas would be gratefully received

Regards Julian

Edited by Guest

If I had the original plugs would make it easier

hi if you wish just to buy the leads then give these people a call. its the old VCL ptz factory (now honeywell)

they still sell the old parts.

8 Aston Fields Rd

Whitehouse Industrial Estate, Runcorn WA7 3DL

0844 800 0235

If I had the original plugs would make it easier

hi if you wish just to buy the leads then give these people a call. its the old VCL ptz factory (now honeywell)

they still sell the old parts.

8 Aston Fields Rd

Whitehouse Industrial Estate, Runcorn WA7 3DL

0844 800 0235