liveinxs

Indoor Dome Cameras

well now that i have a 16 channel DVR, i have plenty of channels more to play with..

now i would like to install some indoor dome cameras, but I want to get some input as which is the best to use, dome cameras or dome cameras with IR..

i would like to stay with the CNB Monalisa line , as that is what i have installed outside, just wanted to see if you guys, did install IR cameras indoors, or do you just rely on a nightlight/lamp to provide the required light, for non IR cameras....

Ive installed both, depends on the client.

Some might want a better image in the day say in the main shop area, thats where something like the CNB DFL-20s would come in. Then can put IR cameras in the warehouse etc. If you need a camera pointed at the entrance though will need something with decent BLC or WDR, or just mount it above the door looking in.

Ive installed both, depends on the client.

Some might want a better image in the day say in the main shop area, thats where something like the CNB DFL-20s would come in. Then can put IR cameras in the warehouse etc. If you need a camera pointed at the entrance though will need something with decent BLC or WDR, or just mount it above the door looking in.

well these would be used within my home, living room, family room, dining room, entrances, basement, theater, gym and music room...

Here is a list of ALL of their indoor domes:

http://cnbusa.com/en/html/product/product_list.php?maxx=1&midx=4

The DFL-20S is a good, cheap camera (cheap for CNB - $50+). It has a Monalisa chip, but don't think its day/night. It would be great for any spot that always has pretty good light...

You could get a DBM-24VF - just the indoor version of the VCM-24VF. Same abilities, just in a smaller package. This is a true day/night cam.

DBM-24VD is a cheaper 24VF, without ICR (TDN). So supposedly 0.05lux, instead of 0.005...

If even these indoor domes are too 'obvious' or stick out too much - you could go with one of their in-ceiling domes:

l_DI2310xVF-1.gif

Their DCM-24VF is the SAME as the DDM-24VF, just 15mm smaller in height. These would be cool if you don't want your indoor cameras to stick out a lot!

On this page there are a variety of mounts for the normal dome cams - say if you wanted a pendant mount, or it to hang over from the wall some. Also, their IR illuminators are on there:

http://cnbusa.com/en/html/product/product_list.php?maxx=9

I have been looking at the CNB, LBM-20S, Monalisa Indoor IR Dome (100mm) - 600TVL, 3-AXIS, 3.8MM Fixed Lens, 0.00LUX, 28 LEDs

The LBM-20S pretty much has everything i am looking for, Monalisa Chip, IR and a fixed lens...plus a very good price...

During the day, a non IR camera would be fine, but at night when no lights are on, in a room, a non IR just won't cut it....

well these would be used within my home, living room, family room, dining room, entrances, basement, theater, gym and music room

liveinxs. sounds like you have a nice home. not the sort of place to install commercial cameras as CNB domes.

CNB also sell 3rd party cameras. i.e companies buy CNB cameras and install them into there own fittings. so i might be worth contacting your CNB supplier.

in the rooms such as your living room / family room and dining room i would try not to use IR it will just drive you made (internal IR looks bright)

this is the size of a bassball

VB411236videcon-1.gif

this is the size of a golf ball

VB6250G36videconextdomeminiture-1.gif

i like those Golf ball sized cameras, i am kinda lucky, cause i have installed dozens of recessed lights that have the Eyeball type bezel, so i figured that the dome type camera would kinda blend right in...

but i am gonna definitely check out the cameras you recommended ...

thanks

If you're set on CNB and IR inside then check out this Turret dome, has split glass to stop IR reflection.

http://cnbusa.com/en/html/product/product.php?seqx_prod=1169

Otherwise any cheap color IR Turret dome should suffice for inside the small rooms.

hey Rory,

thanks for that link, i saw another camera similar to the linked one , but it is a indoor camera, the CNB LJL-20S, just have to find out if they come in white, if not i will just paint them..

Thats one thing I'm not sure about - I know most of their indoor domes can have grey or black outer shells. Dunno about white. I'm guessing whoever you order from will need to be told to send you a particular color?

If you're set on CNB and IR inside then check out this Turret dome, has split glass to stop IR reflection.

http://cnbusa.com/en/html/product/product.php?seqx_prod=1169

Otherwise any cheap color IR Turret dome should suffice for inside the small rooms.

hey Rory,

thanks for that link, i saw another camera similar to the linked one , but it is a indoor camera, the CNB LJL-20S, just have to find out if they come in white, if not i will just paint them..

another one to look at. http://www.qvissecurity.com/Catalogue/Cameras/Eyeball-Domes/Professional-Range/600TVL-20-30M-IR-4-9mm-Lens-With-OSD-EYE-2407WH-N

I think i found the perfect camera, Monalisa Chip,Fixed lense, and very cheap, only thing its missing is IR, a lamp or nightlight should solve that problem...

Best part is that this can be mounted in a corner of a room, at a average persons height, whereby being able to catch a face, as opposed to on a ceiling where all you get is a image of the thiefs hat...

http://www.cnbusa.com/en/html/product/product.php?inc=fea&seqx_prod=1198#p_v1

Just a heads up, the Turret domes should not be painted - reason being that after its painted and you need to adjust the ball, the paint gets scratched off - been there done that. Although, theoretically, if you take it apart completely and sand down all the surfaces to the bare metal then put on a very thin coat, let it dry good for a couple weeks, then it may be okay.

It doesn't seem to have as good low-light specs as the 24VF series, but it should perform quite well. I like the small design!

Remember, though that this cameras has a fixed lens. In the description, it says an optional 6mm lens can be had as well...

It doesn't seem to have as good low-light specs as the 24VF series, but it should perform quite well. I like the small design!

Remember, though that this cameras has a fixed lens. In the description, it says an optional 6mm lens can be had as well...

well it should be good, it does share the same Monalisa chip, i believe...

yes, its slightly over 3 inches out from corner..

i don't have a problem with fixed, the way i have been thinking about installing them, would be at the corner of a doorway, so that as they move through the doorway, they will be close enough for a good id...

I added a room to my garage, 16'x28' and I want to put either a bullet or dome in one corner, so I guess I want the lowest mm lens I can get?

Fixed lens is actually harder to find than ones with variable. 4~9, 2.8~11, 3.5~8

I would think a fixed lens be any better as for focus?

Your adding cameras inside the home?

I think that a dome camera would not look so good in a home unless you want it to be visible.

I think a camera like this would blend in much nicer to any home decor. The camera is behind the glass/plastic and the cover can be white, silver, etc.

http://www.channelvision.com/index.php/NEW-Products/Single-Gang-Box-Hi-Resolution-Color-Camera-6204-212/flypage.tpl.html

174404_1.jpg

I think that a dome camera would not look so good in a home unless you want it to be visible.

I think a camera like this would blend in much nicer to any home decor. The camera is behind the glass/plastic and the cover can be white, silver, etc.

http://www.channelvision.com/index.php/NEW-Products/Single-Gang-Box-Hi-Resolution-Color-Camera-6204-212/flypage.tpl.html

174410_1.jpg

i like this idea,,,pretty good place to place a camera, as it will be low enough to capture a face possibly, not the top of a hat...

174412_1.jpg

you can make your own for ALOT less.

oh BTW a client had mini domes in a house for 10 years now .. the staff didnt know they existed until just a couple years ago Ofcourse they also have motion detection cameras and a GE Brute camera..

me, i think cameras that are visible, keep people honest, of course you don't have to worry about that in your home, unless your wife is banging the plumber...