Sign in to follow this  
Megapixelman

Video Analytics Solution

Hi,

I have a large guard company looking to go for Video Analytics over static guards due and have asked me to put a proposal togeather..

Currently we use Exacq and some Miletone as our VMS and also wanted to use a software analytics over hardware due to being a SONY Solution provider and wanting to use SONY Cameras. ( yes I know they have DEPA but the Realshot is not the best VMS around and the need a easy to use solution. )

Can anyone recommend me a solution and the facts behind their choice as well.

Thanks

MM

Hi,

I have a large guard company looking to go for Video Analytics over static guards due and have asked me to put a proposal togeather..

Currently we use Exacq and some Miletone as our VMS and also wanted to use a software analytics over hardware due to being a SONY Solution provider and wanting to use SONY Cameras. ( yes I know they have DEPA but the Realshot is not the best VMS around and the need a easy to use solution. )

Can anyone recommend me a solution and the facts behind their choice as well.

Thanks

MM

Have a look at VideoIQ

If you deal with outdoor cameras and scenes, you'll want to consider something like PureActiv from PureTech Systems (puretechsystems.com). We use a geo-referencing scene that allows for determination of real target size, real speed, etc. That basically equotes to a low false alarm rate. Its also has a very flexible architecture. You can use it as a full command and control, or just as a video analytics add on to your existing VMS. Also deployable as a server based solution or an edge based solution. The other big value proposition for the solution, is its PTZ Auto Follow capability, which you can use with most existing PTZ cameras. You can check out some of the videos on the web site to further understand whether it would meet your needs.

I am pretty sure 3vr (3VR.com) offers a software solution. I saw some of their hardware based stuff at the APCO conference and it was mighty dang impressive.