shreddingax

ONE Inch Test Monitor Help

I have the Pelco color version..... I don't remember what I paid but it is a life saver

I also use the Pelco one. I tried the monochrome model shown earlier, and it was crap in comparison to the Pelco one (model CST150)- Have had to repair the cable on it a few times, though.163446_1.jpg

Pelco seems like a good brand, however i am having trouble finding it on google. Do you have a supplier that sells this Pelco? (US)

Thanks

I will tell you that I have this monitor that I bought from amazon. very inexpensive, very bright, runs two hours on a built-in battery and frankly I don't see how you could beat it. Here is a link to the monitor:

[edit by mod-store link removed]

The monitor has a threaded tripod hole on the center bottom so you could use the Gorillapod shown in the photos and just wrap the legs to the ladder.

[edit by mod-store link removed]

Amazon reviews show 3.5. I haven't reviewed it. Most people like myself don't take the time to return and write a review inless theres a problem that I want to let others know about. This is an excellent monitor and I recommend it.

Mini

Good point, that is what is stearing me towards a portable DVD Player. I can't seem to find a portable DVD player for under $100 w/ an A/V in/out jack. The only downer point to the DVD player is when out in the sun. However the DVD player can also be used for entertainment (dual purpose)!

If you're in or near a Canadian city with an XS Cargo store, I suggest one of these:

Amazon.com has them as well, including a couple of TV-only models (with A/V inputs) in both 7" and 10":

Thanks Mini, I am taking your recomendation. Appreciate all the input.

I will tell you that I have this monitor that I bought from amazon. very inexpensive, very bright, runs two hours on a built-in battery and frankly I don't see how you could beat it. Here is a link to the monitor:

The monitor has a threaded tripod hole on the center bottom so you could use the Gorillapod shown in the photos and just wrap the legs to the ladder.

Amazon reviews show 3.5. I haven't reviewed it. Most people like myself don't take the time to return and write a review inless theres a problem that I want to let others know about. This is an excellent monitor and I recommend it.

Mini

Good point, that is what is stearing me towards a portable DVD Player. I can't seem to find a portable DVD player for under $100 w/ an A/V in/out jack. The only downer point to the DVD player is when out in the sun. However the DVD player can also be used for entertainment (dual purpose)!

If you're in or near a Canadian city with an XS Cargo store, I suggest one of these:

Amazon.com has them as well, including a couple of TV-only models (with A/V inputs) in both 7" and 10":

I just used the Haier brand 7" LCD TV, not sure if that is the same model but the one I used was very high quality material, however the video picture was much worse than the cheap Coby I have, it had big blocks of pixels where the edges should be. It was totally useless for focusing at all. And trying to use it on top of a ladder without a swivel screen was like pulling teeth.

I also use the Pelco one. I tried the monochrome model shown earlier, and it was crap in comparison to the Pelco one (model CST150)- Have had to repair the cable on it a few times, though.163446_1.jpg

Pelco seems like a good brand, however i am having trouble finding it on google. Do you have a supplier that sells this Pelco? (US)

Thanks

Unfortunately, I think it's been discontinued. I have been trying to find out who OEM'ed it for them (I'm sure they didn't build it themselves), but so far, no luck.

I just used the Haier brand 7" LCD TV, not sure if that is the same model but the one I used was very high quality materia

You are correct (I forgot to mention this point) the and the build quality is outstanding and you will be impressed (those who decide to try this). The screen has to be looked at straight on for best viewing. Actually looking downward at the screen looks a little better. If you are looking from the bottom up angle the screen is too dark. It also has a little very sturdy flip out stand. I use the flip out stand on my desktop to monitor my current 4 channel camera system.

Now I'm putting together another system. I have purchased some cameras already, HVC-24VF's & CB-HD39N-L's. I need a good 16 or 8 channel DVR. I'm in the US NC. I would like the Samsung SRD-870DC or SRD-1670dc but they seem to be a little to much money. I am also looking at the 16 channel Q-see QT526-1 which is sold in a kit at Costco for $799.00 as item #583588. It claims to do 16 x 60FPS. No one can seem to vouch for this claim. It does not have HDMI but so what. I don't want to hijack the thread but would appreciate if someone could advise a good DVR besides the Dahua. A PM would even be good.

Mini