shreddingax

ONE Inch Test Monitor Help

Looking at the One inch test monitor (monochrome). Have used one in the past and must say that they are awesome in the sunlight. I have never owned one and wanted to get feed back on their durability. I have gone through three different monitors as of late and am starting to come to the conclusion that they are just poorly made (NO i didn't drop them off the lift:), the jack or the cable has gone bad on each - I think it is the jack). Also the monochrome version I am looking at is $119, not sure if I can do better on the price.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

MON1.png.94c00873c5ee75eaf8de288422b1baac.png

Looks interesting for adjusting in the sun, but how many pixels is it, and do they also come in color?

yes they also come in color.

there own warranty tells you its crap... everything else on there site has 1 year the 1 inch monitors only has 90 days

yes they also come in color.

there own warranty tells you its crap... everything else on there site has 1 year the 1 inch monitors only has 90 days

Good point, that is what is stearing me towards a portable DVD Player. I can't seem to find a portable DVD player for under $100 w/ an A/V in/out jack. The only downer point to the DVD player is when out in the sun. However the DVD player can also be used for entertainment (dual purpose)!

not many monitors have been around as long as the computar PSM012. it is a true focus monitor.

it is a little more than your budget but it will last you years mine is 15 years old.

you can find the odd one on crap bay and cheap (only because the seller does not know what he is selling)

KGrHqUOKm4E2eCvWpgrBN2BYs12Jg_35GIF-1.gif

not many monitors have been around as long as the computar PSM012. it is a true focus monitor.

Too small to focus with. These are all just service monitors for basic adjustments.

I can't seem to find a portable DVD player for under $100 w/ an A/V in/out jack.

Look for Coby. They are $130 retail here so in the US they should be well under $100.

Good point, that is what is stearing me towards a portable DVD Player. I can't seem to find a portable DVD player for under $100 w/ an A/V in/out jack. The only downer point to the DVD player is when out in the sun. However the DVD player can also be used for entertainment (dual purpose)!

If you're in or near a Canadian city with an XS Cargo store, I suggest one of these: http://www.shopxscargo.com/product_catalogue/cat_product_details.asp?category_id=6&product_code=29851&sub_category_1_id=22&category=TV

Amazon.com has them as well, including a couple of TV-only models (with A/V inputs) in both 7" and 10":

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=haier&x=0&y=0

I can't seem to find a portable DVD player for under $100 w/ an A/V in/out jack.

Look for Coby. They are $130 retail here so in the US they should be well under $100.

Coby seems to only have an AV out. If I understand the jack configuration, i need it to have an AV in?

Coby seems to only have an AV out. If I understand the jack configuration, i need it to have an AV in?

The one I have has a swivel screen, has AV in and out.

It uses a small switch to select AV in or out.

Useless for focusing wide angle outdoors but great for everything else.

The best is probably this though

http://www.totevision.com/catalog/lcd-monitors/7-20-monitors/lcd-703hd-desk-wall-hot-shoe-hd-7-20-monitors

800x480, LED, Antiglare, and also has an optional bag and sunshield.

You need to check the specs - most of them use the same port(s) for in and out, with a toggle switch somewhere to select which function it's using.

The best is probably this though

http://www.totevision.com/catalog/lcd-m ... 0-monitors

800x480, LED, Antiglare, and also has an optional bag and sunshield.

But... but... it's not a CRT!

It's not what *I* want, it's what *you* want - you're the one telling us repeatedly how a CRT is the ONLY proper way to focus a camera

It's not what *I* want, it's what *you* want - you're the one telling us repeatedly how a CRT is the ONLY proper way to focus a camera

Now you are psychic?

You can read my mind? WOW, that is impressive!

What am I thinking now? Now, not last week.

Perhaps you need to read more of my 19,000 posts to come to a conclusion?

Nothing I write here is written in stone.

Although you should only be using 50 Megapixel cameras, anything less is just not proper.

YOU CAN DO WHATEVER YOU WANT TO DO

I really dont care.

Too small to focus with. These are all just service monitors for basic adjustments.

Hi. these are made for focus. they dont have a tv or vga screen so it give a crisp clean image via projector they have been making these for 20 years but they are around $600

Hi. these are made for focus. they dont have a tv or vga screen so it give a crisp clean image via projector they have been making these for 20 years but they are around $600

Ok thanks, I was thinking it was their LCD model Ive seen before.

I understand now.

I cant locate it on any US sites though

Another test monitor to take alook at is the ip and analog all in one.

full touch screen / PTZ control / UTP tester

works with all analog cameras and ACTi, Arecont Vision, Axis, D-Link, DVTel, GE,IQinVision, Level One, Optelecom-NKF, ONVIF,Panasonic, Planet, Sanyo, Sony, Vivotek

from camera (powers camera )or switch.

16359_400_300-1.jpg

I have the Pelco color version..... I don't remember what I paid but it is a life saver

I also use the Pelco one. I tried the monochrome model shown earlier, and it was crap in comparison to the Pelco one (model CST150)- Have had to repair the cable on it a few times, though.163446_1.jpg