Sign in to follow this  
rory

Hurricane

LOL yeah if its still heading in this direction by tomorrow night, im gonna have to pack up move into a hotel or something .. my yard is like a jungle other than the beach area, so likely there will be tons of trees down, including on my roof!

Edited by Guest

I hope its not too bad down there! Also, I hope you have a generator - I'd expect power to be out for some time!

Funny, but the news people in NC here are already freaking out - they would have a heart attack if they worked in the Bahamas!

On the upside, you may get more cameras to fix?

I heard this thing was heading for turks & caicos this morning on the radio.

I just don't understand why people would live in an area with hurricanes just to be in paradise. Good luck.

no generator here, i rent.

if indeed we get over 70mph winds then trees could be down all over my place and the street will likely be blocked for a week or so also. Last storm like that had no power for 2 weeks. Right now im actually without a phone since a small storm last week took it out - so imagine a big one.

Theyre talking 100-130mph sustained winds by the time it hits, meaning much stronger gusts.

Its been decades since I saw a real hurricane like that, even Andrew just barely hit us on this island.

The projected path still has it moving further away from us, but its still going in the same direction.

It should have hit the turks and caicas by now, should be hitting the southern most bahamas islands now, 100mph sustained winds, that means gusts up to 115mph or so.

Well hopefully it will kill all the mosquitos, we have a dengue fever epidemic right now!

Oh and it just started to poor with rain and blow alot of wind ... signs of things to come?

Edited by Guest

dont worry, im packing today and gonna carry it all with me.

Looks like i might not be able to hang around after all, we could get anything from 58-125mph sustained winds, that means gusts from 80mph-150mph! Just depends on which way the path keeps going. Right now it says this time 24 hours from now, it would be knocking us off the map.

Edited by Guest

Now I don't feel so bad about the 5.9 earthquake that knocked me out of bed yesterday afternoon. Good luck to ya.

ok gotta go out now and prepare, was catching up on some sleep for its early morning arrival ..

BTW its not long now, and its a CAT3 now and they expect it to turn into a CAT4.

the red circle is me. i was hoping the storm would be projected further east by now as it keeps moving that way, but looks like we will get it after all. Oh well ...

[attachment=0]hurrme.png[/attachment]

Edited by Guest

winds already real strong

power off

raining hard

oh no forgot to take down the sat dish

waiting for rain to stop

had portable cameras on charge but now have to wait until power comes on. if not will goto a friends house to charge up.

storm not supposed to be here until from 2am

im on my netbook with broken screen and on a dying ups

Edited by Guest

also we are bak in the 58+ mph windows projected path ..

[attachment=0]Image2.png[/attachment]

Edited by Guest

videos videos videos

my dvr is off ... no electric

edit its back on, just alot of rain right now though.

taking a breather and gotta get some wood up on the last window before it gets dark.

charging up my cameras.

Edited by Guest

I used my netbook when it went out earlier, and the UPS lasted as that and the cable modem and router dont drain much, had to make sure turn off the main computer, LCD monitor, and DVR though. Cable has a UPS in their box on the pole also. Its on right now though, had some serious gusts for a while though, didnt sound too good. Think I might need to check the attic and the wood on my window before it gets even worse.

Edited by Guest

Video of the gusts before the main storm - this was around 10pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIs7Z4vczU8

Also, took this from my crappy old camera, could not see anything so used equalize and negative in PSP and this is the result

[attachment=0]Ssl10009.jpg[/attachment]

Edited by Guest

Winds full force now out of the north ... too dangerous to go outside now.

Power is on and off right now, flickering mostly from the wind and trees likely hitting the electric wires.

Likely to be without power soon.

Actually (now lets see if yall this bad) an hour ago I installed a color bullet to look at my carpark right next to the cheap color IR camera, had to stand on the 6' ladder with branches and god knows what else literally blowing over my head - winds had switched out of the east so was kind of safe .. but then when i got back in the appt after crawling around in the attic, i forgot that some time ago i had cut the wire i was using back above the hole by the DVR so would have had to go back up and push the wire back down. By then the winds and rain got too strong and switched back out of the north so couldnt go back outside. Camera got power though ..

Video from 3am ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQD7uUXt388

Edited by Guest

Ok so now its in the US .. anyone on the East coast being affected?

If it hits NY City even with the evacuations it could still be devastating not just to the US but to the world.

Edited by Guest