marvelusmarvcus

dahua or qvis 16 channel dvr, anything else??

i see everyone talking about the new dahua dvrs, but does anyone in the usa have one to share their experience? do these dvrs meet all the hype?

is it true that the only dahua dvrs in the usa are branded under qvis?

i have been looking at the Qvis Apollo HD PRO and i think i have my mind made up. i will be replacing an 8 channel nuvico which works pretty well.

any reason to not get one?

thanks for the help as always. i love this site.

There are many brands in the US that are Dahua manufactured, but the Qvis's are the most cost effective and offer the best warranty.

I have one ... what do you want to know?

I have some in the field also.

Not under the name QVis but its the same thing.

I agree with Sean though, I was buying Dahua DVRs under a different name from a Miami distributor for the past year, after checking the price on the QVis models ive since started getting those instead, cheaper and they come with HDDs installed - and they are the same Dahua DVRs.

Lets put it this way, AvTech used to be the goto for a budget DVR - in other words it was cheaper than Avermedia, it was way cheaper than the big brands - it was sold everywhere, it was cheap and it did the job, it was featureless though and video quality kind of sucked, but we bought it and sold it and used it.

Now come the Dahua, even their HD models are cheaper than the AvTech was, full of features, decent CMS software, good remote video quality, good live and recorded video quality, Multiple OS and Mobile phone support, lots of models to choose from including ones with support for 8x 2TB Hard drives, a 32 channel model, and also a Real Time D1 model. One thing I Particularly like is the ease of evidence sharing, back up to AVI that uses generic H.264 codecs (eg. Divx). Also simultaneous video output with VGA, HDMI and composite is nice. Additionally for slow internet connections we can use an extra stream at CIF instead to make the video faster, where with other DVRs I have used it can fail to load more than 4 cameras on a slow connection. For me I also like the fact that we can pretty much download all the software right from the manufacturer site, including an SDK.

But ask some questions and we should be able to answer them.

No, its not a big brand high end DVR and does not have advanced search features like Object tracking etc, but at the cost these work great for most applications.

thank you Rory, that is what i was looking for.

it looks like these dvrs give you what the higher end dvrs do, at a much cheaper price. so the picture is good, the features are good, the remote access is good.

any input on the reliability? have you had any installed for a decent amount of time? any known issues?

Ive had my 4 channel sitting here for a year now as well as a 16 channel at an alarm company, no issues to date. Other units have been in from end of last year still working perfect.

Hey guys!

I've been working for QVIS for a while, not trying to plug for ourselves, but I've not had any complaints from any customers about our DVR's (especially in breaking, zero RMA's).

QVis are just resellers, the DVR is acutally a DAHUA which are the manufacturer, however you cannot purchase direct from Dahua

I switched my DVRs from Zmodo to QVIS (Dahua) earlier this year and could not have been happier. I have installed about 50 of them since March and have not had a single issue with the DVRs. In fact, I've returned to several of my Zmodo DVR customers and upgraded them to QVIS.

As has been mentioned, they are very easy to use, have a lot of features, and have a much more contemporary interface than I got with my Zmodos (same interface that you see on the Qsee DVRs from Costco or Fry's.)

QVIS has been a good partner to be with as far as DVRs go. Their cameras are good quality for the price as well, but they have issues keeping them in stock and since they all come from China, it takes them 6-12 weeks to get them in stock again. That has made it hard to maintain consistent price sheets and product lists for my salesmen.

Having only worked with off-the-shelf brands from ADI and Tri-ED (GE, Honeywell, Digital Watchdog, Clinton, etc.) and Zmodo, I really feel I will be sticking with QVIS/Dahua DVRs for a long time.

Would you say that a Qvis full D1 records better quality than a Q-See full D1 (30fps on all ch)? Or are they using the same parts inside and h.264 algorithm thus having the same quality recorded video?